Severe Weather 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severe Weather 2015

After what was an incredibly quiet year across SC KS in 2014 (no tornado watches issued for Sedgwick county all of 2014) 2015 appears to want to start off a little more active. The main day upcoming will be Wednesday. There are issues with this system but this is a pretty classic severe weather set-up for the I-35 corridor in KS and OK.

Stay Safe!
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
    After what was an incredibly quiet year across SC KS in 2014 (no tornado watches issued for Sedgwick county all of 2014) 2015 appears to want to start off a little more active. The main day upcoming will be Wednesday. There are issues with this system but this is a pretty classic severe weather set-up for the I-35 corridor in KS and OK.

Stay Safe!
    There had to be tornado watches. Maybe no tornado warnings, but I'd put up a hundred bucks you guys were in at least one tornado watch.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      There had to be tornado watches. Maybe no tornado warnings, but I'd put up a hundred bucks you guys were in at least one tornado watch.

You can make the check out to Gregg Marshall's Compensation Fund

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Wednesday definitely looks interesting.

Still quite a few days away for things to change.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Update for Wednesday, from Sunday morning
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
              No it was an incredibly quiet year in SG County.

To others.

Wednesday continues to look quite potent. I had some concerns...mainly LCL Heights but we're looking good on that front.

Comment

The area of interest is not really that big but I'd expect strong tornadoes if the models continue to play out the way that they are. LCL's are essentially at the surface so would not be surprised if a storm goes long track tornado producing. Both models in good agreement with moisture influx and positioning of upper levels. The NAM has considerably better low-level shear. GFS advances dryline further into eastern KS.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article5095263.html

You can make the check out to Gregg Marshall's Compensation Fund
                    That's mind boggling actually.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

SPC finally upgrades tomorrow to an enhanced risk. Still believe we will see a moderate risk for tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                        SPC finally upgrades tomorrow to an enhanced risk. Still believe we will see a moderate risk for tomorrow.
                        Moderate is elevated risk from enhanced, correct?

Comment

With last year's quiet season I didn't even pay attention to the convective outlooks. To piggyback off of @Shoxtastic:'s question, is "enhanced" a new level they wedged between slight and moderate?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            With last year's quiet season I didn't even pay attention to the convective outlooks. To piggyback off of @Shoxtastic:'s question, is "enhanced" a new level they wedged between slight and moderate?
                            Yep. Here's the new storm outlook graphic...

Comment

Here is the Day 1, 2 3 definitions

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X