FORTRAN anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    Connar Fortran. He's that transfer from KU, right?

I'm confident that we can trust HCGM to determine whether or not he is a good fit for the program.
    Winner, Winner. Chicken dinner!
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Don't forget your compiler cards $) *) and for gawds sake don't drop your stack of punch cards! Whaddya mean I had an infinite loop?

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
        Fortran is still alive and kicking for large scale weather and climate models....unfortunately.
        I used to do computer graphics with my fortran programing.... Now I just stick to Matlab. But if you know MATLAB, it like a 2nd cousin kissin cousin from arkansas equivalent to fortran
        Last edited by SB Shock; November 6, 2014, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Logo!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

WRITE (6,7)
            7 FORMAT(13H HELLO, WORLD)
            STOP END
            IBM360-370 here at WSU
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
              IBM360-370 here at WSU
              Did you take Advanced Abacus too, you old timer? :)
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

No, but in my calc classes we had guys that were using slide rules
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

1024px-PunchCardDecks.agr.jpgPunched_card_program_deck.agr.jpg And heres for all of us who programmed in COBOL

s3m6_front_rt.jpg This a pic of the first model of computer I had to learn on the fly as the Comptroller of a large trucking company. Computer people would only stay a few weeks at a job and move on to a business with the state of the art equipment. The IBM sys3 model 6
                  Last edited by kcshocker11; November 6, 2014, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
                    Don't forget your compiler cards $) *) and for gawds sake don't drop your stack of punch cards! Whaddya mean I had an infinite loop?
                    I am so glad I came along after punch cards! A friend and co-worker of mine had to deal with them at WSU in the early 80s, I think. But I did my Assembler there on terminals the size of a mini fridge! And that was in '91!

Comment

Ah Assembler, did that too, on a Vax. I also did RPG 11 & 111. I was one of the first people to use C in KC. The debuggers really didnt work. What a pain in the ass. Now C++, C# etc seems so easy compared to that

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                        Ah Assembler, did that too, on a Vax. I also did RPG 11 & 111. I was one of the first people to use C in KC. The debuggers really didnt work. What a pain in the ass. Now C++, C# etc seems so easy compared to that
                        My first 10-15 years of real-world programming (and most of my schooling) was primarily on VAX and Alpha systems running VMS. Good times. I miss VMS.

Comment

Working...
                        X