Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROYALS ARE IN THE WORLD FREAKING SERIES!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    Give the guy a little credit, he dropped out of college and now makes six figures comfortably with the benefit of zero nepotism.
    To avoid confusion, this was sarcasm. I hate Joe Buck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      To avoid confusion, this was sarcasm. I hate Joe Buck.

Hear is a good example. This was one of the greatest plays ever; Joe couldn't sound more bored out of his mind.

Every damn pitch Bumgarner threw though, (including this gem called a strike....) was the most amazing thing ever.

Buck: "and he (Cain) doesn't agree with that call."

Yeah, Joe, because everyone is going to loved to get the strike zone of a rhino called against them.. Wish my daddy was a famous legend..
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
        I know Shields is a FA and they have an option on Butler (for way too much, IMO). What I want to know is what happens to the other key players when their contracts expire?

Looking to next season:
        - Do Hosmer and Moose continue this offensive streak through out the regular season?
        - Aikoi is a FA. Do you keep him or play Dyson everyday in CF and Cain in RF?
        - If Shields leaves, what happens to the rotation? Do you callup your best prospect (Zimmer) or spend money in FA?
        - Do you resign Bulter, or try and get a different DH with that money?
        - Do you up the team payroll or try sustaining success with current funds?

My predictions:
        - They part ways with Shields. He has help greatly turn this franchise around, but I think he rides off to a big payday elsewhere.
        - They don't option Butler. They may make him a lower $$$ offer. He great guy, but he's been t0o inconstant IMO.
        - Dyson becomes and everyday player. He is a terrific defensive player and obviously a threat when he gets on base.
        - $$$ will be spent. The above moves will save them money to spend in the open market. A good DH and a SP would be nice.
        - Ventura becomes the ace. The kid is superstar. When you get compared to Pedro, who is also your mentor; watch out.
        - Finnegan will get a run in the rotation. He is projected to be a starter and got invaluable experience during the postseason.
        - Hos and Moose will figure it out. Not saying the will become All-Stars or Silver Sluggers, but they will improve from this year.
        - Yost will be Yost. He does stuff we all don't agree with, but he's help guide this team out of the darkness. No body is perfect!

I could probably think of other stuff to speculate about. It's like they say: There's no season, like the off-season!
        - I agree, Shields is gone.
        - If Butler returns, it will go down exactly as you said. DH Christian Colon if Butler won't come back for 3-4 million.
        - We need a right fielder. Dyson playing everyday is not an option unless the rest of the lineup fulfills it's potential (more on that below).
        - If money is spent, it won't be much. Arbitration and contractual salary increases will take up most of the savings from Sheilds/Butler/Hochevar. The caveat is that maybe Glass will see how investing in salary now will pay dividends at the gate and souvenir shop. But until KC's awful TV deal expires in, I think, 2018 or so, don't expect a free-agent splash.
        - Agree on Ventura. As long as he's healthy next year, he's your Opening Day starter.
        - I'm not yet sold on Finnegan, mainly because we haven't seen enough. Players always emerge who look fantastic at first due to the opponents being unfamiliar. I do have hope for him, though and the potential is definitely there. He needs extended time in AAA as a starter. Remember Angel Berroa? Rookie of the Year. Then pitchers figured out he couldn't hit a slider. He couldn't adjust. Career over.
        - I have my concerns that Hosmer, Moose and Perez will ever be consistent on offense, but that's the core of the team and the hope for next year. I do think Cain and Escobar will continue to be the players we saw this season, and maybe even better. An injury-free Infante will help. I fear Gordon may be fading offensively now that he's on the wrong side of his prime playing age.

Now that Moore has seen the value of defense and how it makes mediocre pitchers look good, I'm hoping he can go get another Vargas on a one or two-year deal until one of the promising young pitchers is ready. We don't have any in-house options unless John Lamb is unhittable in Spring Training and can cut down on his walks. Zimmer is injury-prone and just had minor surgery on his shoulder. Manea hasn't pitched above A ball and Finnegan hasn't faced a professional lineup more than once. Even in A-ball he started five games and only pitched 15 total innings. They were very good innings, but it's still A ball and only 3 innings per start.

We have to hope Duffy gets healthy and can endure a full season. I think he's the X-factor in the rotation next year.

If Moore can shore up the 5th starter and right field, I like KC's chances to play in October '15.

Comment

• A couple of other decisions that they have to make include 2nd base (I think that Colon will get a shot but they may not be sold yet), and I have a feeling that they try to bring a back up catcher that allows Perez to not have to start 150+ games. They may try to find someone who can play back up catcher and DH too or a corner outfielder who can DH.

Comment

• I think that they will make a small play for Shields and will be close to the money he wants per year but they will only offer him 3 years and he'll want 5 years.

Comment

• I expect a 4 year 65 million dollar deal to be offered. I think he will accept.

Comment

• 16 million a year is definitely not top dollar so that would not be too bad for the Royals. He is so close to 33 that he'll be 37 when his contract runs out under your scenario. I would think that he'll want 20+million per. I was going to guess they would offer 60 mill for 3 years. 65 M for 4 years would be a decent deal for KC. Maybe you have personal information but I'd be surprised if he signs for 65 M / 4 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  I have my concerns that Hosmer, Moose and Perez will ever be consistent on offense, but that's the core of the team and the hope for next year.
                  Yadier Molina wasn't much of an offensive weapon until he was in his 5th year and age 26. I'm not saying Perez is as good defensively as Molina, but I think he's one of the better ones. Perez just completed his 4th year (2nd full year) and is 24. At this point, I consider Salvy in a class or two above Hosmer and Hosmer's above Moose.

Comment

• Two fairly good teams, neither of them great, certainly.

Comment

• A's have signed DH-first baseman Billy Butler to a three-year, $30 million deal

Comment

• Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
                        A's have signed DH-first baseman Billy Butler to a three-year, $30 million deal
                        Glad he got paid, but glad it wasn't from the Royals

He's a great guy, but not worth that money based on his last couple seasons. (IMO)
                        The Assman

Comment

• I am happy that Billy is getting his payday. The reality is that he isn't worth that kind of money to the Royals. I wish him well with the A's.
                          Go Shocks!

Comment

• Well, we know from Moneyball that they're not interested in small ball, so they're willing to pay for people to take hacks. Salvy Perez might fit that mold.

Comment

• Do you even baseball?

In what world does Salvador Perez fit the Oakland Athletics prototype?

Comment

Working...
                              X