Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROYALS ARE IN THE WORLD FREAKING SERIES!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good grief Gordon was ridiculously slow on that play.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
      It is obvious that the official score keeper and umps gave it to the Giants, those cheating ****s!
      Never surprised by your douchbaggery.

Affeldt was pitching when they took the lead, and gave up only one hit over 2 1/3. He did nothing to put game in danger and was far from ineffective.

I know things change, and as dominate as Bumgarner was in this series, he did nothing more than Affeldt did to earn the win.

Comment

• Does anyone other than me vehemently dislike Joe Buck?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Does anyone other than me vehemently dislike Joe Buck?
          Give the guy a little credit, he dropped out of college and now makes six figures comfortably with the benefit of zero nepotism.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            I really question the wisdom of batting a guy that can barely run with the tying run on third
            Very weird indeed. Nevermind the injury, but just the fact that Perez swings at junk and is too aggressive. Every high fastball at the eyes he swung at. Just a terrible approach.

As far as sending Gordon home, it was gonna be close, but I think it was a chance you had to take, especially considering the domination of Bumgarner, the injured catcher in the on-deck circle, and forcing the opponent to make the throw. It was gonna be close and if he would've got thrown out, everybody would have probably been bitching about why they would send him, but I would've taken my chances with that vs. Perez getting a hit against Bumgarner.

Good series. Congrats to the Giants and Royals fans out there, you better not be complaining about this. This went farther than anybody could have envisioned. Good year.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Tonight's game essentially became a 3 to 4 inning game and unfortunately the dinks and the bloops, which favored the Royals in Game 6, certainly favored the Giants tonight. Bumgarner was excellent but the Royals lack of plate discipline play right into Bumgarner's wheelhouse. Actually, I thought Herrera, Davis and Holland were every bit as good as Bumgarner.

Too bad it was Gordon who got the ball past the CF instead of Dyson or Cain. Either Dyson or Cain probably would have scored there I think. Alex isn't a Billy Butler but he isn't exactly a speed demon either.

Helluva ride the Royals provided us over the last few months. They have some areas they need to improve on but it would be nice to see them back in the post-season again next year.

Comment

• What is sad though, teams like KC typically have one shot at a magic title run (sans the Marlins, who eeked out two). You look at other "smaller" teams like the D-Backs and the Rockies; they have one shot with the roster they have, before having their rosters are gutted by the bigger teams.

Hopefully, the Royals can keep a strong core of this roster together. It has been so much fun to follow them the past two seasons; it would be sad to see them break apart.
                Last edited by Shock Top; October 30, 2014, 12:54 AM.
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                  Feel like I did after the 2013 Final Four. Proud of the Royals !
                  I hope all Royals fans feel this way. The team did some amazing things and should really make you guys proud. I'm already hearing people talk about how Kansas City is cursed.. they just lost in Game 7 of the freaking world series to a great team. The Chiefs are cursed, but the Royals are not and have plenty of be proud of.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                    What is sad though, teams like KC typically have one shot at a magic title run (sans the Marlins, who eeked out two). You look at other "smaller" teams like the D-Backs and the Rockies; they have one shot with the roster they have, before having their rosters are gutted by the bigger teams.

Hopefully, the Royals can keep a strong core of this roster together. It has been so much fun to follow them the past two seasons; it would be sad to see them break apart.
                    I know Shields is a FA and they have an option on Butler (for way too much, IMO). What I want to know is what happens to the other key players when their contracts expire?

Looking to next season:
                    - Do Hosmer and Moose continue this offensive streak through out the regular season?
                    - Aikoi is a FA. Do you keep him or play Dyson everyday in CF and Cain in RF?
                    - If Shields leaves, what happens to the rotation? Do you callup your best prospect (Zimmer) or spend money in FA?
                    - Do you resign Bulter, or try and get a different DH with that money?
                    - Do you up the team payroll or try sustaining success with current funds?

My predictions:
                    - They part ways with Shields. He has help greatly turn this franchise around, but I think he rides off to a big payday elsewhere.
                    - They don't option Butler. They may make him a lower $$$ offer. He great guy, but he's been t0o inconstant IMO.
                    - Dyson becomes and everyday player. He is a terrific defensive player and obviously a threat when he gets on base.
                    - $$$ will be spent. The above moves will save them money to spend in the open market. A good DH and a SP would be nice.
                    - Ventura becomes the ace. The kid is superstar. When you get compared to Pedro, who is also your mentor; watch out.
                    - Finnegan will get a run in the rotation. He is projected to be a starter and got invaluable experience during the postseason.
                    - Hos and Moose will figure it out. Not saying the will become All-Stars or Silver Sluggers, but they will improve from this year.
                    - Yost will be Yost. He does stuff we all don't agree with, but he's help guide this team out of the darkness. No body is perfect!

I could probably think of other stuff to speculate about. It's like they say: There's no season, like the off-season!
                    Last edited by Shock Top; October 30, 2014, 01:03 AM.
                    The Assman

Comment

• "The 1968 World Series featured the defending champion St. Louis Cardinals against the Detroit Tigers, with the Tigers winning in seven games for their first championship since 1945, and the third in their history. The Tigers came back from a 3–1 deficit to win three in a row, largely on the arm of MVP Mickey Lolich, who won THREE COMPLETE GAMES in a single World Series, a feat that has not been duplicated since. In his third appearance in the Series, Lolich had to pitch after only two days rest in the final."

Comment

• Yeah, he was selected MVP

Comment

• If Gordon was running hard and looking at the 3B coach instead of the outfield, they send him........

Bang, bang play and he's out and SF celebrates.

Until New York calls.....can you imagine the delirium that would ensue?

Comment

• Something I thought about last night....

What if......
                            - You pinch-run Gore (for Gordon).
                            - You pinch-hit Dyson (for Salvy).

Have Dyson lay down a bunt. See if your speed can beat out their fielding.

That's obviously takes away two of your better players for extras, but it doesn't go to extra if you can't score either. (Maybe Dyson steals second and then scores off a Moose single; win it all in the bottom of the ninth)
                            Last edited by Shock Top; October 30, 2014, 09:37 AM.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                              Something I thought about last night....

What if......
                              - You pinch-run Gore (for Gordon).
                              - You pinch-hit Dyson (for Salvy).

Have Dyson lay down a bunt. See if your speed can beat out their fielding.

That's obviously takes away two of your better players for extras, but it doesn't go to extra if you can't score either. (Maybe Dyson steals second and then scores off a Moose single; win it all in the bottom of the ninth)
                              Well, if Willie Mays Hayes could make it from 2nd, Gore should have no problem from 3rd and Dyson (even without the surprise) would have a better chance than Jake Taylor making it safe to 1st. :biggrin-new:

Comment

• Another sickening statistic, the Royals had literally the best possible recored you can have and lose the WS.

They also had a better postseason record then the Giants:
                                Royals: 11-4 (.733)
                                Giants: 12-5 (.706)

The Giants are a good team, but they can thank solely Bumgarner for that title.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X