"...they didn't lose."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "...they didn't lose."

I was searching for something else and found this web page about the Shocker football tragedy in 1970. I thought it was a nice read.

Web hosting and free web hosting from Bravenet.com. Build your website with our easy webpage builder, web tools, web services, and free website content.

Thanks that was a good read.

I was doing a temp job out at Resthaven quite a few years ago and going through files I found quite a few of the victims of the crash.
    There was nothing morbid just where they were buried and death certificate but Resthaven also keeps copies of obituaries and what not.
    I got to sit back and read the actual Eagle-Beacon accounts of everything that happened.

I felt very sad but at the same time instilled what it means to be a Shocker and how much I love this school.

Comment

Nice find and thanks for sharing.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

My father-in-law was a sophomore on the WSU football team in 1970. He was on the "black" plane that made it safely to Logan, Utah. He has a scrapbook that has every story that the Wichita Eagle printed regarding WSU football during his playing career. I have been to several memorials and events over the past 10 years with members from that team. President Beggs has done a great job of reaching out to these former players and getting many of them to come back to Wichita for these events. That team will hold a special place in my heart forever.

Comment

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago about the flight the basketball team made to Evansville. I wanted to post this story then, but for personal reasons I didn't think it was appropriate in that particular thread.

http://www.super70s.com/Super70s/Tech/Aviation/Disasters/70-10-02(Martin404).asp

P.S. I have always supported the return of football to WSU... I believe we owe it to everyone associated with the 1970 WSU football team.
          SFL is back!

Comment

Taken from SFL's link, here is a link that will let you "fly to" the crash site. You need to have Google Earth installed.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
              Taken from SFL's link, here is a link that will let you "fly to" the crash site. You need to have Google Earth installed.

http://www.super70s.com/Super70s/Tec...0CrashSite.kml

Thanks Royal... I forgot to mention the Google Earth "fly to" link.
              SFL is back!

Comment

Worth a bump.

Comment

WSU Baseball had the entire team there today, minus one player, on a Saturday morning.

#Respect

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    WSU Baseball had the entire team there today, minus one player, on a Saturday morning.

#Respect
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                    X