Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the thread about players posting on twitter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    I'm more of a Hugh Jarse than a Willie Groper, but this how goalkeepers were trained back in my day: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x78...benny-hill_fun
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      400 meters is the ultimate race. It's too long for the guys with top speed in shorter races, but can't be approached like a distance run. 400 meters is probably at the absolute limit of a human body to go full out. It's the best race to test the ability of an athlete to go at top speed for the longest time.
      What do you have against the 400 meter hurdles. If the 400 meters is tough adding 10 hurdles to the mix would seem to be even tougher. Are you a hurdle bigot or something?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        What do you have against the 400 meter hurdles. If the 400 meters is tough adding 10 hurdles to the mix would seem to be even tougher. Are you a hurdle bigot or something?
        You are correct. The hurdle event is the better event. I forgot about that event.

In HS I ran both high and low hurdles. Yes, at 5'8", I ran high hurdles. All the "real" high hurdlers took 3 steps between hurdles and led with the same leg. I took 4 steps between hurdles and alternated my lead leg.

We had very few events with 300 yard intermediate hurdles, but we practiced that event. In HS, 300 yards was past the limit of what the sprinters could go, but not long enough to use a pace for a quarter mile. Throw in the hurdles and that was a cruel, cruel event!
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
        X