Royals - 2014 Wildcard game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    I don't disagree at all, just saying it was interesting. He made the point that you probably need Kershaw 2 games to win that series so you don't burn him in the wildcard game. I realize LA isn't a wildcard game. Smoltz also said he realized he'd probably get fired for doing that, but that's how he looked at it.
    In a win or go home game you go with the best you have available IMHO. Losing this game and then going home with your best available arm sitting on the bench would not be a very good feeling. If you are going to go deep into the post-season you are going to need more than just one solid arm in any case.

Comment

Tickets are sold out. Should be a helluva great atmosphere.

Comment

I don't disagree at all, just saying it was interesting. He made the point that you probably need Kershaw 2 games to win that series so you don't burn him in the wildcard game. I realize LA isn't a wildcard game. Smoltz also said he realized he'd probably get fired for doing that, but that's how he looked at it.
        The Dodgers are a bad example though. Not because they arent in the Wildcard but their starting pitching is pretty good. kershaw is better than Greinke But if he would start Greinke instead you still feel REAEEALLY good about your chances.

Shields has to start Not only is he the ace "And I totally get Smoltz take - hes not wrong but hes not quite right either" But when you have a team as bad as the Royals are offensively runs are a premium. We need to keep them from scoring. Like @RoyalShock: says, james is known to stumble early. I feel confident if he can give us 7 strong and we can take a 1-0 or 2-1 lead the bullpen will shut it down from there.

If we score anything at all lol

Comment

KC has faced Lester three times this year. Here are Lester's results:

Jul 20: 8 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 8 K
          Aug 2: 6.2 IP, 9 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 3 K
          Aug 12: 6 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 BB, 9 K

He had the one dominant performance against us while he was still in Boston, but the last two with Oakland were roughly league-average starts, just under a 4.50 combined ERA. So KC can score a few runs against him. The hitters who knocked in those runs were Aoki (2), Perez (2), Colon and Escobar.

Shields has faced Oakland twice this year:

Aug 3: 8 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 9 K (Both runs by solo HRs)
          Aug 14: 6 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 5 K

Shields was slightly better against Oakland than Lester (while with the A's) vs. KC.

Should be a good one! Go Royals!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            KC has faced Lester three times this year. Here are Lester's results:

Jul 20: 8 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 8 K
            Aug 2: 6.2 IP, 9 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 3 K
            Aug 12: 6 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 BB, 9 K

He had the one dominant performance against us while he was still in Boston, but the last two with Oakland were roughly league-average starts, just under a 4.50 combined ERA. So KC can score a few runs against him. The hitters who knocked in those runs were Aoki (2), Perez (2), Colon and Escobar.

Shields has faced Oakland twice this year:

Aug 3: 8 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 9 K (Both runs by solo HRs)
            Aug 14: 6 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 5 K

Shields was slightly better against Oakland than Lester (while with the A's) vs. KC.

Should be a good one! Go Royals!
            That last game he pitched against though still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The runs (although still runs) were damn near mop up.

The Royals can absolutely do this :) !!!!

Comment

There are 2 tickets in the Diamond Club on Stubhub for $6823.50 each.

Why?

Anyone that's going to plunck that kind of coin for a ducket doesn't even bother with the $23 to say nothing of the .50........

Oh, $6823.75? Too rich for my blood. Just make it 10K and call it a day (not that they are going to sell).

Just curious, does anyone know what an SRO goes for retail?

Comment

Doc, on stubhub when you type in the amount of money you want from your tickets, it then adjusts the price that the public sees by the fees added in from Stubhub.

I'd imagine the seller put in that he wanted 6k or 6250 and that is the associated fees added on.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

With all this "Blue October" stuff I'm fully expecting the Royals to not play in October.

Comment

Not sure, but I saw a tweet saying someone spent $118 for an SRO ticket tonight.

Comment

$20-30 maybe. I have tickets in HyVee Box for games Sunday and Monday that were $50 face value.
                      78-65

Comment

Looks like SRO retail was $35 for tonight per the Royals' website.

Comment

2-0 A's
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Ugh. Hope we brought the bats.

Comment

RoyalShock's odds of winning after half an inning: 30%

Not quite worst-case scenario, but not far from it. Gotta catch up quickly.

Comment

Anything can happen in the playoffs!! If you guys get the chance, catch a game in person, because playoff baseball is electric to see in person!! Going to a game in STL next Tuesday, which makes 7 playoff games (including 2 World Series) that I have been to...

Comment

Working...
                                X