Royals - 2014 Wildcard game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    You've been here before the Royals were playoff-bound. You're way more of a fan than a shoxfan11 or a shockmonster, that clearly are more interested in "one-upping" me than celebrating a Royal win for the first time since 1985.
    I generally don't read SN during games, I go to a Chiefs board for Chiefs games and so on. I found your post kind of humorous and a little premature... it was an amazing comeback. Believe me, while I'm not as into baseball as I used to be, I'm very happy for the Royals and their fans.

Comment

• For me, this game is special because my grandpa listened to the Royals my whole life. Well, my whole life has been 30 years. He listened faithfully through the drought which was basically my entire life and never heard them get here in that time (other than all the way back in 85 when I was 1). I moved into his house when he passed away in 2006 and I listened to my first Royals game tonight in his house the way he always used to.

The Royals didn't let me down.
      Last edited by Dave Stalwart; October 1, 2014, 12:34 AM.

Comment

• I can't believe @RoyalShock: hasn't updated the odds.

100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        78-65

Comment

• WOW!!! what a game
          If it feels good - do it!

Comment

• I used to be a pretty big Royals fan. But baseball lost me after the strike in the early 1990's. This was my first game I have watched since then. Glad the Royals won.
            Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
            Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• A day later, that is still one of the best games I've ever watched. Baseball has missed that level of drama in the postseason for most of the last decade.

Just really good stuff.

Comment

• Rany Jazayerli's Grantland story on the game.

Comment

• Rany's article perfectly captures the heart of diehard royals fans. I like his blog but tha peice was ahole lot of rambling.

I LOVED IT! HAHA

Im not saying we're gonna win the series. But i am saying we have a chance. We played the Halos tough this year granted it was before the ASB.

Thinking about heading out tonight to watch the game. Anybody got anything set up?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    I'm chill. I just don't like people popping off on me before they read things. No, I'm not a true Royals fan. No, I'm not a KC sports fan in general.

No, I wasn't rooting for Oakland. And yes, I actually pumped a fist when Colon crossed home plate.
                    Everyone who has posted about the Royals here knows you are a Yankees fan.

Comment

• I am a Yankee fan, and I haven't watched that little powder blue Missouri team yet. I do remember, however, last basketball season, during the time when the Shox were 20-something, then 30-sometng and zero. During that whole stretch, all of the Topeka-Lawrence-Kansas City crowd could talk about was that it didn't matter and that we should brag when we had decades of tradition like KU, when we had won a dozen conference titles back-to-back. Now suddenly their baseball team scratches it's way into the playoffs and it's a big deal. Screw them.

Comment

• Maybe limit that entire post to "Screw KU fans" and I think we can all get on board.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          I am a Yankee fan, and I haven't watched that little powder blue Missouri team yet. I do remember, however, last basketball season, during the time when the Shox were 20-something, then 30-sometng and zero. During that whole stretch, all of the Topeka-Lawrence-Kansas City crowd could talk about was that it didn't matter and that we should brag when we had decades of tradition like KU, when we had won a dozen conference titles back-to-back. Now suddenly their baseball team scratches it's way into the playoffs and it's a big deal. Screw them.
                          I hate KU fans as much as anyone, but I guarantee you the Yankees have some very arrogant fans too. Does that stop you from being a Yankees fan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                            I hate KU fans as much as anyone, but I guarantee you the Yankees have some very arrogant fans too. Does that stop you from being a Yankees fan?
                            I've never met a Yankees fan from New York. Similar to never meeting a Cowboys fan from Dallas.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                              I've never met a Yankees fan from New York. Similar to never meeting a Cowboys fan from Dallas.
                              Or a KU fan that actually set foot on campus.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                                Or a KU fan that actually set foot on campus.
                                KU has a campus? From all the fans I've ever talked to, I thought they were just a basketball team.

Comment

Working...
                                X