Royals - 2014 Wildcard game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Hey, I didn't see any resistance at the time the statement was made... :calm:

That was one of the craziest, whackiest games I've ever seen. Truly amazing and electric. Congrats to the Royals.

October bound.
    I'm pretty sure everyone agreed. The Royals showed as much heart and grit that you can show in baseball and got over the top. What? 7 stolen bases? 2 or 3 pressure packed trying runs in the bottom? Even after the comeback, I was sure luck would run out when we left game winners on third twice. What a great game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      Come on now. That's about as complimentary as Fev can get regarding the Royals.
      Yes, Fever jumps on the Royals every chance he gets. He deserves anything sent his way. Of course, he never lets on the team he is behind but tonight, it definitely was the Athletics.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        Come on now. That's about as complimentary as Fev can get regarding the Royals.
        I'll root for the Royals when my team isn't in it. They're a neat, little story. The bandwagon fans that'll come out in the next two days will be a little annoying but can be expected with any team in this situation. Kinda like how a few of the posters are quoting my quote after the fact. Where were they earlier? No worries though.

The only thing I really can't stand about Kansas City professional teams is that the Kansas side of the metro area think that's the only part of the state that exists. There's also a lot of crimson and blue that reside in that area that think Wichita and any part of Kansas west of I-35 doesn't matter.

Again, congrats.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          Yes, Fever jumps on the Royals every chance he gets. He deserves anything sent his way. Of course, he never lets on the team he is behind but tonight, it definitely was the Athletics.
          Are you f*cking kidding me?

Learn to read and STFU, you ignoramus.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Are you f*cking kidding me?

Learn to read and STFU, you ignoramus.
            Fever is one of a kind. You give a lot of stuff but don't take it well. Tomorrow will be a better day for you. :)

Comment

I'll root for the Royals when my team isn't in it. They're a neat, little story. The bandwagon fans that'll come out in the next two days will be a little annoying but can be expected with any team in this situation. Kinda like how a few of the posters are quoting my quote after the fact. Where were they earlier? No worries though.

The only thing I really can't stand about Kansas City professional teams is that the Kansas side of the metro area think that's the only part of the state that exists. There's also a lot of crimson and blue that reside in that area that think Wichita and any part of Kansas west of I-35 doesn't matter.

Again, congrats.
              I'm definitely a bandwagon Royals fan in the first degree. I'm barely even a pro baseball fan most years, but I'm learning that it's easy to like pro baseball when the Royals are doing well. A game like that makes it even easier

Comment

Fever is one of a kind. You give a lot of stuff but don't take it well. Tomorrow will be a better day for you. :)
                WTF are you talking about?

I just f*cking said it was an awesome game, that I was rooting for the Royals, and offered my congrats.

You're amazingly inept.

Next time when you try to start ****, make sure there's actual **** to start.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                  I'm definitely a bandwagon Royals fan in the first degree. I'm barely even a pro baseball fan most years, but I'm learning that it's easy to like pro baseball when the Royals are doing well. A game like that makes it even easier
                  You've been here before the Royals were playoff-bound. You're way more of a fan than a shoxfan11 or a shockmonster, that clearly are more interested in "one-upping" me than celebrating a Royal win for the first time since 1985.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

WTF are you talking about?

I just f*cking said it was an awesome game, that I was rooting for the Royals, and offered my congrats.

You're amazingly inept.

Next time when you try to start ****, make sure there's actual **** to start.
                    I guess I'm so used to you going off on anyone who roots for the Royals, I just thought that you hated them, and I got in an innocent shot at you. You're right, I didn't read the whole thread. None the less, you do need to take a Valium and calm down. Life is too short to be so angry. :)

Comment

• I quoted Fever's post because while he dishes it out a lot, I know he can take it as well. He's right about how a lot of Chiefs fans do hail from JoCo and have that elitism towards the rest of the state, but I also respect the hell out of Chiefs and Royals fans for being true to their teams during these huge droughts that they've had (which the Royals just broke through). Perfect example, even though I think the whole sound record thing is kinda silly: The Seahawks need a Super Bowl caliber team to even get their fans out there to break the record, while the Chiefs can do it when their team is 1-2 and hadn't looked too good so far.

What a game though. Every person on Twitter, from NFL to NBA players to basically anyone, was into that game. That's gonna go down as one of the best games ever, IMO.

Comment

• I'm a fan of good sport.....tonight was a special event. Outstanding competition and a game I will remember for a long, long time. Fun stuff for a Tuesday night.

Congrats to all the Royals fans out there!

Comment

• Pedro is hilarious in the post game show on TBS. He's roasting Yost.

Comment

• I'm chill. I just don't like people popping off on me before they read things. No, I'm not a true Royals fan. No, I'm not a KC sports fan in general.

No, I wasn't rooting for Oakland. And yes, I actually pumped a fist when Colon crossed home plate.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I've been a Shocker, Chiefs and Royals (in that order) fan all my life and I don't come from Joco.

Comment

Life is too short to be so angry. :)
                                Don't try to tell that to Gregg Marshall

Comment

Working...
                                X