Apple Event: iPhone 6 (and 6 Plus) & Apple Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    Personally, the whole apple eco-system works for me - if that makes me a fan boy so be it - I am un-ashamed.
    Me too. People will always say "but such and such has more features", but I think a Ron Swanson quote applies here: "Don't half ass two things. Whole ass one thing".

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Personally, the whole apple eco-system works for me - if that makes me a fan boy so be it - I am un-ashamed.
      It does. Have fun watching the women's soccer game up at Creighton with your Apple gear.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        So Apple once again copies what Samsung has been doing for years- and like clockwork, the masses drool. Amazing what cult branding can do.
        Let's be honest, the smartphone and tablet industry would not exist of it wasn't for Apple. You can't even call th game changers, they were game starters (Not to mention what they did for the music industry). Also, they watch is something that has been in development for years; back when Jobs was still alive.

Look, I know it's easy to pick on Apple, or that Andriod may have better products (all a matter of opinion), but to completely discredit anything that they have done is foolish. Just look at Windows and Samsungs commercials; they feel the need to constantly say how their products are "better" then Apple's. Seems like a massive inferiority complex to me.
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          Look, I know it's easy to pick on Apple, or that Andriod may have better products (all a matter of opinion), but to completely discredit anything that they have done is foolish. Just look at Windows and Samsungs commercials; they feel the need to constantly say how their products are "better" then Apple's. Seems like a massive inferiority complex to me.
          Bingo.. The first of Samsung's Apple-bashing commercials pretty much completely turned me off of them, where they were pretty openly mocking Apple users.

Comment

What they did in the music industry wasn't legal.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
              Bingo.. The first of Samsung's Apple-bashing commercials pretty much completely turned me off of them, where they were pretty openly mocking Apple users.
              And in what way is that different than Apple's commercial campaign against PCs? Seems only mildly hypocritical.

Comment

Still waiting for that Linux phone.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

As dominant as Apple has been in the smartphone market they only have 11% market share. Which was shocking to me when I saw it.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                    As dominant as Apple has been in the smartphone market they only have 11% market share. Which was shocking to me when I saw it.
                    I think you have some bad numbers or contextual issue. As of July 2014, Apple has 42.4% of smartphone subscribers in the U.S.

Google's mobile OS remains firmly in first place in the US with a 51.5 percent market share, says ComScore, while Apple's iOS trails with 42.4 percent.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      And in what way is that different than Apple's commercial campaign against PCs? Seems only mildly hypocritical.
                      Everyone always points that out, but they were poking fun at the product, not the users. I was a PC user during that time, and I never found those ads offensive.

Other ads, like the windows phone Cortana ones, those seem more comparable to me. When you're not the market leader, it makes sense to show users how you can be differentiated from them, but mocking users isn't a good approach, imo.

Comment

When you've personified your product as a user, you've done the same thing. I don't really care either way, but I don't see the difference.

Comment

which was?

Comment

Everyone always points that out, but they were poking fun at the product, not the users. I was a PC user during that time, and I never found those ads offensive.

Other ads, like the windows phone Cortana ones, those seem more comparable to me. When you're not the market leader, it makes sense to show users how you can be differentiated from them, but mocking users isn't a good approach, imo.
                            Agreed. Those Samsung commercials make their users seem like total snobs and delta-bravos.

Oh and those, Apple commercials you mention, Windows found them so flattering that they nearly to respond to them with their own campaign. If you are better, why do you feel the need to respond? Plus, those Mac ads you mention haven't run in over 5 years.

Look at their ads today, they never mention their competitors. Like @ShockerEngineer: said, you feel the need to win to try and win back some market share, trying to bring your opponents down is one way to do it. Which I don't get, because it is just free publicity for Apple as well. (It's like Coke (Apple) vs Pepsi (Competitors). Pepsi always feels to need to prove why they are better the Coke, while Coke just says "We are Coke." and still wins.)
                            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                              which was?
                              Providing the whole world a wide range of easily accessible music. Seems bad. Sure, some artist don't like it because of the whole "you (maybe) will not buy a whole album" argument. This list is growing shorter and shorter though.

Seems like Garth Brooks is the only real big holdout left. AC/DC, The Beatles, Led Zepplin, and Kid Rock amongst others have finally seen the light and realized they were fighting a losing battle. Not to mention, saw really nice sales once they did.

According to Billboard:
                              - AC/DC had first-week digital sales of 48,000 albums and 696,000 tracks -- all catalog.
                              - The Beatles had first-week digital sales of 119,000 albums and 1.4 million tracks -- also all catalog.

That, my friends, is the power of Apple.
                              The Assman

Comment

In 1978, Apple Corps, the Beatles-founded holding company and owner of their record label, Apple Records, filed a lawsuit against Apple Computer for trademark infringement. The suit was settled in 1981 with an undisclosed amount being paid to Apple Corps. This amount was estimated to be US$50–250 million, but was later revealed to be $80,000.[1] As a condition of the settlement, Apple Computer agreed not to enter the music business, and Apple Corps agreed not to enter the computer business.

Comment

Working...
                                X