Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    Great advice!

Running 5Ks in high school cross country is such a different animal, since you just go hard and don't really change your training leading up to the race, except to take it easy the day before. Of course, our bodies were much different back then!
    Indeed, a 5K is a sprint.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Ok, @Kung Wu , were you really, REALLY serious about no running for two weeks? Four days was hard enough. If I do go out and run a 3 or 4 miler, should I take it easy or go hard?

I must admit, the 8 miles on Sunday after four days rest felt really good.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        Ok, @Kung Wu , were you really, REALLY serious about no running for two weeks? Four days was hard enough. If I do go out and run a 3 or 4 miler, should I take it easy or go hard?

I must admit, the 8 miles on Sunday after four days rest felt really good.
        I told you you would go bonkers. Go as soft as you can for a 3/4 miler. Just a nice lazy stroll. No biggie if you do that.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Thanks again for all the advice. The run was great and I beat my target time. I was shooting for 2:15 and ended up under 2:04. I almost wish I had gone out with the 2:00 pace runner. Oh well.

Comment

Nice!! I meant to ask how it went. I wasn't sure what day it was.
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I'm going to participate in my first Marathon race next month. What running essential gear do you wear and how do you carry your things like a bottle, sweat towel, and other accessories?
              And one more thing, what fabric absorbs sweat the best?

edit: I just found Nathan Sports coupons for all essential running gear at one place at affordable rates.
              Last edited by juliadavid; March 9, 2021, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juliadavid View Post
                I'm going to participate in my first Marathon race next month. What running essential gear do you wear and how do you carry your things like a bottle, sweat towel, and other accessories?
                I've run two marathons and did not take anythign with me. In hindsight, I should have worn a hat. You don't need to bring any water. If you sweat a lot and need a towel, I'd just tuck it in your shorts.

Technology has gotten so much better almost any quick-dry/dri-fit material works in my opinion. I actually wore a cotton t-shirt during my first marathon.

Comment

Originally posted by juliadavid View Post
                  Lip balm. Blistex, chap stick, whatever. Definitely hat.

Comment

Working...
                  X