1989 Wichita State Recruitment Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Ugh, I despised that song for some reason. Not a big Jefferson Starship fan I guess.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is a Starship song. In the long saga from Jefferson Airplane to who the hell knows what, when "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" was released, the band had just gone through another change in members, music direction and lawsuit. I'd be willing to wager that there was no Jefferson at the time, just Starship.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      See anyone you know? I had a class by the b-school prof in the video - Dr. Graham. I don't know any students because in 1989 I would have been in 5th or 6th grade.

It is kind of sad that outside of everyone driving old cars in the video, the shots of downtown could have easily happened today. Wish downtown Wichita was progressing as fast as the WSU campus is under Bardo.
      I had a class taught by Dr. Graham just a year or two ago. He's still going strong.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        Playboy Playmate of the Year 1988

There might be some aftermarket bolt-ons in this picture.

And on an unrelated topic, that car is a replica.

Comment

I thought you might be referring to her headlights......

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
            I had a class taught by Dr. Graham just a year or two ago. He's still going strong.
            I have him right now.

Comment

Yes, the amber indicators.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I own that movie.

Comment

I own that movie.
                    This is for the youngins...

Comment

Back to the Lambo; I had forgotten 'The Cannonball Run' intro... good stuff and what a cast!

Comment

Back to the Lambo; I had forgotten 'The Cannonball Run' intro... good stuff and what a cast!

A useless factoid from a car nut to the members of SN, who are mostly probably oblivious to cars:

The hideous front wing seen above was an attempt by Lambo importers to get around US bumper regulations, which killed the looks of many European cars of that era once they hit our shores. The actual US spec bumpers for a Countach are an abortion, worse than the stupid front wing.

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                          I'm going to go out on a limb and say Kung was a Beta.
                          Kung may be a 'Mastabeta'; never know, I might be one too ( :) )... there may be other Mastabeta's posting here?

"Ranging in the deepest recess of the intersnatch. Possibly the most elusive forum know to the internet/tech geek. The place know as Mastabeta is not listed in many search engines.

An outpost and haven for the internet’s most silly, abstract and overtly genius people, Mastabeta is home to few members, but it’s about quality not quantity. It’s also home to a spectrum of tech site mods and admins. Few of which would reveal their identity.

Even though it has about ~500 members CURENTLY registered it’s still extremely active. Unlike GenMay, MB is suited for a much more personal level of interaction. Since there are so few members the ones that do post regularly are quite familiar with each other and know each other’s taste in humor. This, in tern, helps create a much more enjoyable and down right hilarious forum experience.

The policy on “n00bs” is pretty lenient. You’re accepted as long as you don’t try to hard to be some sort of hardass Digital Gangster.

the first rule of Mastabeta is you dont talk about Mastabeta."

Oops!!

The best place to hang out on the intarweb for spamming, pr0n, acting st00pid in general and to get BAND!!!1112 and plus we're a bazillion times better better than teh c0ck-sucking, gay orgy-loving fagg0ts over at GenGay

Comment

Kung may be a 'Mastabeta'; never know, I might be one too ( :) )... there may be other Mastabeta's posting here?

"Ranging in the deepest recess of the intersnatch. Possibly the most elusive forum know to the internet/tech geek. The place know as Mastabeta is not listed in many search engines.

An outpost and haven for the internet’s most silly, abstract and overtly genius people, Mastabeta is home to few members, but it’s about quality not quantity. It’s also home to a spectrum of tech site mods and admins. Few of which would reveal their identity.

Even though it has about ~500 members CURENTLY registered it’s still extremely active. Unlike GenMay, MB is suited for a much more personal level of interaction. Since there are so few members the ones that do post regularly are quite familiar with each other and know each other’s taste in humor. This, in tern, helps create a much more enjoyable and down right hilarious forum experience.

The policy on “n00bs” is pretty lenient. You’re accepted as long as you don’t try to hard to be some sort of hardass Digital Gangster.

the first rule of Mastabeta is you dont talk about Mastabeta."

Oops!!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=mastabeta
                            D00d, mastabeta is l33t, or 1337 if ur a n00b.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

See anyone you know?
                              actually there were some people in the video I that knew....that is scary. I can't believe the poofy hair...

Comment

I recognized a several people who were a year or two ahead of me. KMUW playing jazz music, there's a Bakst from the past.

Good times...
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X