No announcement yet.

Royals - Stretch run 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oakland trailing again today, 7-2 in the 6th. Amazing that they might actually miss the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      Oakland trailing again today, 7-2 in the 6th. Amazing that they might actually miss the playoffs.
      But they have a 2-game cushion over Seattle, who isn't faring much better. Prior to today's game, they were both 3-7 in their last 10. I'm starting to feel better about KC's chances to hold at least one of them off. Just don't get swept by Detroit this weekend.

Speaking of, KC has sold over 100k tickets for the series with the Tigers and all three games are on national TV. ESPN2 on Friday, FOX on Saturday, TBS on Sunday. Hopefully they'll fare better this weekend than they have in other well-attended or nationally televised games.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        I think, sadly, a lot has to do with the general decline of public interest in baseball as a whole.
        Perhaps but I personally think it has a lot to do with the cost. Pro sports seems to pretty much have priced families out of the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Perhaps but I personally think it has a lot to do with the cost. Pro sports seems to pretty much have priced families out of the picture.
          $100 isn't cheap for the casual family to go to a Shocker game either.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Game attendance for MLB has remained very stable over the last 5 or 6 years I believe. They have (or will) hit 73 or 74 million each of those years. So far for this year, attendance is down 0.3% this year from last. Yes, that's 3/10ths of a percent.

Except for the 4 years prior to the above years, MLB had never had a year higher than any of these last 5-6 years.

Comment

Well... So much for that

Comment

Big Game James on the hill today with KC desperately needing him to live up to the nickname.

0-0 top 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  Game attendance for MLB has remained very stable over the last 5 or 6 years I believe. They have (or will) hit 73 or 74 million each of those years. So far for this year, attendance is down 0.3% this year from last. Yes, that's 3/10ths of a percent.

Except for the 4 years prior to the above years, MLB had never had a year higher than any of these last 5-6 years.
                  Yeah, they need the attendance figures to continue to remain stable in order to pay the players these ridiculous salaries.

Comment

Huge night for KC as the Royals close to within 1 game of DET and pull 2 ahead of SEA for the final wildcard spot.

6 games left and the division is still very much up for grabs.

Comment

Yes, it's certainly possible, but not likely that the Royals will surpass the Tigers with only 6 games to play. If they end up tying, won't they end up as the wild card because they lost the head-to-head matchup this year?

Comment

I think division titles now go to a one-game playoff instead of H2H tiebreaker?

Comment

That would seem more fair to me, since the drop-off from a guaranteed series to a one-game play-in is pretty steep, but I'm not sure how it works now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Rocker View Post
                            That would seem more fair to me, since the drop-off from a guaranteed series to a one-game play-in is pretty steep, but I'm not sure how it works now.
                            This isn't something Royals fans have ever worried about.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

If one game is needed to break a tie for a playoff berth between two teams, it will be played on the Monday after the scheduled end to the regular season, hosted by the team that won the season series against the other. That applies to determining a division championship whether or not the losing team would still qualify as a Wild Card.

Home-field advantage is determined first by head-to-head records, then by the higher winning percentage in intradivision games. If a further tiebreaker is needed, it's the best winning percentage in the last half of intraleague games.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Rocker View Post
                                Yes, it's certainly possible, but not likely that the Royals will surpass the Tigers with only 6 games to play.
                                theyre down 1 game with 6 to play and Detroit has to face Kluber and Sale. the Royals are a better road team than home team.
                                Anemic offense or not "not likely" is in no way shape or form how I would describe their current situation. if they were 2 or more than yes.

But not 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X