@ CLE (74-69) x3
      @ CHW (65-80) x4

Detroit's remaining schedule:

vs. CLE (74-69) x3
      @ MIN (62-82) x3
      @ KC (80-64) x3
      vs. CHW (65-80) x3
      vs. MIN (62-82) x4
      Appears about even to me. I can't believe Boston is 20 games under .500.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
        I can't believe Boston is 20 games under .500.
        Isn't it amazing that Boston's title last year is sandwiched by two absolutely awful seasons, especially for Boston standards?
        Last edited by WuShock16; September 11, 2014, 10:13 AM.
        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          Isn't it amazing that Boston's title last year is sandwiched by two absolutely awful seasons, especially for Boston standards?
          Exactly. I suppose I'm really trying to grasp whether or not Boston truly won a World Series last year based on the seasons on either side of the championship. I guess Ben Cherington can always argue for his job - "Look, you can't say a losing season is indicative of what's to come!" Now we'll just have to see if they rebound next season.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm glad the Royals didn't give up any ground in the race on the road trip, although they didn't gain anything either.

Comment

KC wins a thriller tonight, remaining 1.5 back in the Central and 2 up on Seattle for the final WC spot.

21,390 is a pretty disappointing attendance figure for such a big game.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
              21,390 is a pretty disappointing attendance figure for such a big game.
              That's actually pretty decent for a weeknight crowd (for KC standards...for what that's worth). The Royals didn't help themselves with a bad weekend against Boston. If I were a KC resident, I would have been discouraged by the poor showing over the weekend and might have held off on buying tickets tonight.

(Seriously, if the Royals miss winning the division by one or two games, they will look at that 1-6 record against Boston with a lot of disgust.)

Now, with the exciting win tonight, that might push fans to go tomorrow night. We'll see. Huge win though. With Seattle struggling and enduring a difficult schedule, the Royals look to still be in great shape. Just gotta keep winning ballgames.
              78-65

Comment

Yea, I get that anything over 20k is decent for KC by recent historical standards...just a bummer that in the home stretch of their first actual playoff race in over twenty years, they are still only ~60% full. Sorta like if we were only filling Koch Arena with 6,500 fans for February home games during our renaissance from 2004 through 2006.

I think, sadly, a lot has to do with the general decline of public interest in baseball as a whole.

Comment

Yost has adjusted the rotation so that Shields would be in line to start the wildcard game. Of course, he says it's to give Guthrie two extra days rest. Yeah, right.

Comment

Can someone help me out on the schedule? I show the Royals have 12 games remaining (82-68=150 162 scheduled, 12 left).

Remaining games, vs CWS, vs Detroit X3, @ CLE X3, @ CWS X4 = 11.

Do they have a makeup game somewhere? And if so, is there a plan to play or finish that game? I would have to think that 1 game is likely to be the difference somewhere down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Can someone help me out on the schedule? I show the Royals have 12 games remaining (82-68=150 162 scheduled, 12 left).

Remaining games, vs CWS, vs Detroit X3, @ CLE X3, @ CWS X4 = 11. Perhaps its the 1 game that was postponed with I believe Chicago in extra innings. Royals were losing it big time. They have to finish the end of the game

Do they have a makeup game somewhere? And if so, is there a plan to play or finish that game? I would have to think that 1 game is likely to be the difference somewhere down the road.
                      Perhaps its the 1 game that was postponed with I believe Chicago in extra innings. Royals were losing it big time. They have to finish the end of the game
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

It was the Cleveland game from 8/31.

Going to be made up as a doubleheader per say on 9/22.

Cleveland leads 4-2 going to the bottom of the 10th.

Comment

Gillaspied.

Comment

Royals getting it done 6-1 in the 7th.

Detroit down 4-6 at Minnesota.

:)

Comment

I never would have expected they would beat Sale with the long ball.

Twins now up 8-4 going into the 9th. Go Twins.

Go Angels. That game is scoreless after 5.

Comment

Royals win, Tigers lose, Mariners lose, A's lose.

Pretty good night.

Comment

Working...
                                X