Royals - Stretch run 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan View Post
    I'm a huge George Brett fan, but I have heard he's a total ass.
    Speaking of rear ends, you'll have to search for the video of him discussing when he crapped himself.

Comment

It was posted above

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        I'm not a Royals fan but this clip almost makes me want to root for them.

http://youtu.be/PseNrUeSmXk
        I've had a similar experience once or twice; note to self, stay away from the...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
          Speaking of rear ends, you'll have to search for the video of him discussing when he crapped himself.
          I hope that all of the posters on this board are classy enough not to post anything about anyone having a defecation accident.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

The bats finally came alive in the 8th tonight, scoring six runs to beat the Twinkies 6-1. The Tiggers fall to the Yanks and KC goes to 2.5 games up.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              The bats finally came alive in the 8th tonight, scoring six runs to beat the Twinkies 6-1. The Tiggers fall to the Yanks and KC goes to 2.5 games up.
              Another very exciting late game rally to win but not sure the Royals want to make it habit to have to win games in this manner. Last night they had 3 hits and no runs over the 1st 8 innings and tonight only 2 hits and no runs over the 1st 7 innings. OTOH, you have to win a handful of games like this over a season to get to the post season.

Seems like the key for the Royals offense right now is the lead-off bloop single. Also had to be impressed with the Dyson bunt that drove in the tying run for the Royals.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Another very exciting late game rally to win but not sure the Royals want to make it habit to have to win games in this manner. Last night they had 3 hits and no runs over the 1st 8 innings and tonight only 2 hits and no runs over the 1st 7 innings. OTOH, you have to win a handful of games like this over a season to get to the post season.

Seems like the key for the Royals offense right now is the lead-off bloop single. Also had to be impressed with the Dyson bunt that drove in the tying run for the Royals.
                I agree with almost everything you said. However if you examine stats, the things that separates playoff teams from others are that they win more one run and late inning games because timely hitting is so important. Very few teams (in current baseball) average more than 3-4 runs a game so great pitching wins. I thought that yesterday the Twin pitcher had his curve ball going for him and he was extra effective. Today, I thought that the Royals hitting approach for the first 7 innings was not good. They were anxious, undisciplined, and swung at a lot of borderline (or pitcher's) pitches instead of waiting for their pitch to hit. By the way, during the first half of this baseball season, KC had an undisciplined hitting approach. While they still are not a great hitting team, they have improved.

Comment

Like I tell my son, Swing at strikes and let the bs go by. Work the count and you'll get a pitch to drive.

But Im dad so wtf do I know.

The lack of offense over the past week or so concerns me. Primarily because its coming against not so good teams. We cant do this against play off teams (or any team for that matter) The shot to win the division is more than legit. Its also looking like we will see Finnegan in September. IMO Hosmer needs to go to Omaha once cleared. Butler is more than holding his own at first and its not like he was tearing it in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                    IMO Hosmer needs to go to Omaha once cleared. Butler is more than holding his own at first and its not like he was tearing it in the first place.
                    Only problem with that is that unless Omaha catches OKC this weekend (2 games back, 1 back in loss column, elimination # is 3), Omaha's season is over on Monday.
                    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                      Like I tell my son, Swing at strikes and let the bs go by. Work the count and you'll get a pitch to drive.

But Im dad so wtf do I know.

The lack of offense over the past week or so concerns me. Primarily because its coming against not so good teams. We cant do this against play off teams (or any team for that matter) The shot to win the division is more than legit. Its also looking like we will see Finnegan in September. IMO Hosmer needs to go to Omaha once cleared. Butler is more than holding his own at first and its not like he was tearing it in the first place.
                      Swing at strikes is a good philosophy. Additionally, MLB guys should be good enough to let marginal strikes go (divide up the plate) and look for their pitch until they have two strikes and Hosmer is one if the worst st making outs on pitchers pitches. Hopefully he comes back from injury with a fresh outlook and a better strike zone.

Comment

What's not to like about a "...perfect double tapered..." shotzke?
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

30 games to go. I think the Royals need to go 18 - 12. That would get them to 92 wins. Last year every team with at least 92 wins in both leagues made the playoffs as did the 90 win Cincinnati Reds in the NL. The 91 wins by the Texas Ranges did not get them to the AL playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                            Only problem with that is that unless Omaha catches OKC this weekend (2 games back, 1 back in loss column, elimination # is 3), Omaha's season is over on Monday.
                            Damn! I didn't get to a game this year. Or last. Or the year before that... Or..........
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Maybe the Wingnuts could pick up Hosmer for a short rehab assignment, just in time for their playoffs! Let him feast on independent minor league pitchers to get his swing back.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Royals win ! Yeah baby!
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X