Ferguson, MO Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shock View Post
    LMAO That's gotta be fake, but still funny as heck. The jokester even included a nice misspelling of #Ferguson .... funny stuff!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      LMAO That's gotta be fake, but still funny as heck. The jokester even included a nice misspelling of #Ferguson .... funny stuff!
      nope. thats the Huffington Post's star reporter on the scene. 100% not fake
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I haven't purposely followed ferguson at all, but I've gathered that the police shot someone who may or may not have done anything to earn that and now the town is rioting.

In basically every hero type of movie, you hear the idea of not repaying evil with evil because "that would make you like the enemy." Well, it is really weird to me that when these people are angry at the police for what they did, they loot a quiktrip to protest. "We are mad at you so...anarchy." Repay evil with more evil and make yourself equal to the cops you are mad at. It doesn't make sense, so it gives off the impression that looting is something these people would like to do anyway, but now they feel like no one can stop them because they have a legitimate complaint or feel a little more empowered because of their position. That is where I start thinking I bet the cops are the ones who are right...like we may be dealing with a crowd full of people who would rob a store if they knew they wouldn't get in trouble for it. That is extremely lame if true. If someone would rob a grocery store full of nice people, I start to care a lot less about their opinions. Now, if there was a peaceful protest involving no criminal activity, it would be more compelling. They really need some advice from Ghandi. I wonder if the whole country would take them way more seriously if they weren't all acting like criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
          I think those are my wife's knitting needle 'point' protectors...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Reportedly, Donald Sterling is flying in to Ferguson, Missouri, to try and help calm things down

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              I think those are my wife's knitting needle 'point' protectors...

Maybe I need to turn up the sensitivity on the sarcasm meter... but the orange things are ear plugs.

Comment

Here's the rubber bullet before it's fired.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  Maybe I need to turn up the sensitivity on the sarcasm meter... but the orange things are ear plugs.
                  Turn it up Ricky Bobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    Here's the rubber bullet before it's fired.

Comment

Man down again.

Black man not carrying a gun was shot to death by 2 white officers again today in St. Louis near where peaceful protesters have been under attack for more than a week by the armed militia of the state of Missouri. There was a report from a witness at the scene that someone may have heard someone say that the cops said it was open season on blacks.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Man down again.

Black man not carrying a gun was shot to death by 2 white officers again today in St. Louis near where peaceful protesters have been under attack for more than a week by the armed militia of the state of Missouri. There was a report from a witness at the scene that someone may have heard someone say that the cops said it was open season on blacks.
                        I've scoured the internet and haven't seen anything corroborating a whole lot of that. Maybe some of the initial reports had preliminary info that turned out to be inaccurate, but the man had a knife.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                          I've scoured the internet and haven't seen anything corroborating a whole lot of that. Maybe some of the initial reports had preliminary info that turned out to be inaccurate, but the man had a knife.
                          He was being facetious and exaggerating the side of the opposition in order to demonstrate the absurdity of their claims. It probably loses something in the translation.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            On the flip side, the Ozarks of Missouri has a much higher element of racist white bastards than I am accustomed to. I have no idea if that racism extends all the way up to St Louis, but there is an openly bigoted attitude amongst white locals in the Ozarks which make me -- a white guy -- feel very uncomfortable. I can only imagine how a minority would feel in that area. Now I am not talking about all the tourists at the lakes or in Branson. Most of those people are not Ozark locals. I'm talking when you get off the path just slightly from the tourist locations -- BAM. Welcome to America circa 1964. It's like they didn't get the memo that the rest of the country has moved on.

I think I'll wait until all the facts are out to make a decision.
                            I don't think a lot of that last paragraph is accurate. And I definitely don't think it is fair. Furthermore I doubt there is much difference between rural Kansas and rural Missouri in this matter. Unfortunately there are bigoted folks almost everywhere. I've been all over the Ozarks and through most of Kansas and never really sensed a great difference. I generally respect you as a poster Kung Wu, but I feel you are making an overgeneralization here.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              He was being facetious and exaggerating the side of the opposition in order to demonstrate the absurdity of their claims. It probably loses something in the translation.
                              Very good. My mistake. Read through this all too quickly perhaps.

Comment

Kansas has red necks and Missouri has hillbillies. Red necks get the monicker because they have their head down in the hot sun, working their ground in order to earn some money. Hill people live in the hills making and using meth. They have no property, no income, and no prospects. While both subsets might have a degree of social ignorance, one is a special kind of ignorant.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X