2014 Ryder Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
    We will nevertheless know if captain Watson would have chosen Tiger. Eldridge just WD at Firestone. Back issue I think. Phil tearing it up (in a good way) in the final round. Phil will be on this team come hell or high water. Book it Dano!!!
    I wish Tiger the best and hope he gets back to his old self, but this could be long term trouble.

That said, I'm also glad that Watson didn't have to make the choice between who was currently deserving and who use to be deserving with a big name. If this had not happen to Tiger, I saw no reason to not put the very best team possible together, to give the U S and the U S players the best opportunity to win. Tiger was not playing like Tiger, not even close. Furthermore, he was not currently playing well enough to make this team, IMHO.

Comment

Could today have been the end of Tiger? Personally, I think it is. This is a bad, recurring injury and father time is against him. Truth be told, he probably SHOULD hang it up, take care of himself, raise his kids, and expand all of his wonderful charities. Selfishly, I hope it's not the end as for his shortcomings he's an amazing talent and makes the game more fun to watch, period.

He's been a champion and an inspiration to thousands, if not millions, of kids. Get well Tiger, but this is going to be a Ryder Cup without a Tiger for the first time in a long time. Maybe he could be a late assistant coach addition? I wonder if he'd accept....I can't imagine ever turning down the offer and honor to wear the colors of this country in competition. If they wanted me to carry the used spit cups for the team, I'm there yesterday.....but I haven't done it 30 times like Tiger so it's not exactly a fair comparison I know.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Could today have been the end of Tiger? Personally, I think it is. This is a bad, recurring injury and father time is against him. Truth be told, he probably SHOULD hang it up, take care of himself, raise his kids, and expand all of his wonderful charities. Selfishly, I hope it's not the end as for his shortcomings he's an amazing talent and makes the game more fun to watch, period.

He's been a champion and an inspiration to thousands, if not millions, of kids. Get well Tiger, but this is going to be a Ryder Cup without a Tiger for the first time in a long time. Maybe he could be a late assistant coach addition? I wonder if he'd accept....I can't imagine ever turning down the offer and honor to wear the colors of this country in competition. If they wanted me to carry the used spit cups for the team, I'm there yesterday.....but I haven't done it 30 times like Tiger so it's not exactly a fair comparison I know.
        I will save my inspiration for icons who didn't have 14 affairs going at the same time, while being married and raising two small children. I was never a big Tiger fan, because his attitude, body language and behavior on the course are unattractive to me. Being a dominate athlete doesn't and shouldn't guarantee praise & worship from fans. Tiger is the second greatest golfer of all-time in my eyes. I marvel at his ability to get the ball in the hole (no pun). But outside the ropes, he, like many others, attach their name and money to great projects. Their actual time spent cultivating these projects are a whole other animal. Tiger brings more fans to golf than any other player in history, but I will save my praise and worship to important people like those in the military that put their lives on the line to protect the freedom that I embarrassingly take for granted. Sorry about the rant.

My guess on the assistant captain idea is if he isn't playing, he will have no part of it. Tiger just doesn't strike me as a rah, rah kind of guy.

Comment

It shouldn't surprise people about Tiger Woods' coverage as he is the greatest golfer of the last 20 years and it isn't even close. It was also the period at which around the clock sports journalism really took off. This is an all time greats possible exit from the sport he is competing in (doubtful, bot possible if the issues keep compounding).

Who else can bring people 10-deep at the tee-box for a practice round at the PGA Championship. At this point, no one else.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
          X