2014 Air Capital Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Air Capital Classic

This year will mark the 25th playing of the Wichita Air Capital Classic from Crestview North Country Club. Wow...has it been 25 years since young Tom Lehman hoisted the trophy and check in the inaugural event here in Wichita? This morning on Sports Daily guests are to include Tom Lehman, David Toms (1985 champ), Roy Turner, Rick Nuckolls and Scott Paske.

Anyone hanging out at the 17th?
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
      Anyone hanging out at the 17th?
      Only a couple thousand of your closest friends.

Comment

Early leaderboard check: Brad Elder (2-time Wichita Open winner) and amateur Ollie Schniederjans, from Georgia Tech, shot 64 (-6) this morning to take a one-shot lead over Blayne Barber, Albin Choi and Arnold Palmer's grandson Sam Saunders. The talk in the Media Center is if Saunders continues to contend, will grandpa come see his grandson attempt to win his first big professional tournament?

Comment

With about 4 holes left to complete round 1, K-State'r Aaron Watkins has taken a 1-shot lead after a 63 over Brad Elder, Ollie Schniederjans and Gavin Coles. Schniederjans, with his 64 today, set the all-time low round by an amateur in this 25-year old event. Wow, can he play!!!

Watkins is currently 13th on the money list, so a win or high finish this week would go a long way to help secure his PGA card for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
            This year will mark the 25th playing of the Wichita Air Capital Classic from Crestview North Country Club. Wow...has it been 25 years since young Tom Lehman hoisted the trophy and check in the inaugural event here in Wichita? This morning on Sports Daily guests are to include Tom Lehman, David Toms (1985 champ), Roy Turner, Rick Nuckolls and Scott Paske.
            So was Roy sober? Bahahaha! Oh I kill me.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              So was Roy sober? Bahahaha! Oh I kill me.
              It was a successful segment. The FCC didn't kick us out of the studio at least.

Comment

Looking forward to a great weekend of golf at Crestview North.

Great Leaderboard:
                1. Aaron Watkins (-11)...All-time leader in many categories while at K-State. Previously has played on the PGA TOUR.
                2. Tom Gillis (-9)...Has played professional golf in 26 countries. Controversy this week by tweeting "how Crestview members
                have an over-inflated opinion of their golf course." Watch out...the boo birds will come out for him on #17.
                Sabastian Cappelen (-9)...Making his pro debut. A Monday qualifier. The last Monday qualifier to win in Wichita was 2000
                when Ben Crane hoisted the trophy.
                Sam Saunders (-9)...Arnold Palmer's grandson. Will Arnie make a surprise visit to Wichita?
                5. Andres Gonzales (-8)...Has tweeted Tiger Woods to stop avoiding him and "let's put a peg in the ground and play."
                Jeff Gove (-8)...Is 4th on the all-time Web.Com Tour money list with winnings over 1.5 million.

Kennedy and I will be high atop the 18th green calling the action from 1-5 today and tomorrow on 1240 AM. I know, golf on radio can be reason to take a nap. We try and make it interesting. Former Shocker golfer Tony Blake and Head Women's golf coach Tom McCurdy will be part of our on-course reporters.

Comment

17 could be interesting with Gillis.
                  Have to admit, he's brought a little drama to the game today.
                  Will 1240am be able to report from 17 when he walks up dodging verbal assaults and a chorus of boos?

Comment

Everyone booed him at 17. Heard some "Noonans" and one loud "Jackass" as he was putting.

Comment

Colt Knost is a bigger asshole.
                      What a dick

How the 'f do these clowns bite the hand that feeds them and think it's ok?
                      Knost makes fun of crest"wood", Wichita, and the entire state.
                      These clowns are not doing the tour any good.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                        Colt Knost is a bigger asshole.
                        What a dick

How the 'f do these clowns bite the hand that feeds them and think it's ok?
                        Knost makes fun of crest"wood", Wichita, and the entire state.
                        These clowns are not doing the tour any good.
                        At least Gillis came back with these tweets:

Tom Gillis @tcgillis · 3h

I have to say the people of Kansas have some serious heart they rallied around one of their own. This is the HEARTLAND NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!
                        Tom Gillis @tcgillis · 2h

@ColtKnost I know your trying to stick up for me buddy. However I deserved it. Saw some members after the round and they were all great! Thx

Tom Gillis @tcgillis · 2h

@brad:Fritsch @ColtKnost just a smattering of boos. Nothing serious Bradley
                        He probably got a talking to by the powers that be but I still have to give him props for takings his lumps like a man.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                          At least Gillis came back with these tweets:

He probably got a talking to by the powers that be but I still have to give him props for takings his lumps like a man.
                          Yes, he definitely had a visit to the principals office. I can assure you he is now motivated to be a good boy. Knost's comments are a bit odd. What do expect when you call someone's baby ugly. I hope lessons are learned. About the golf, what a great day & can't wait til tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                            Yes, he definitely had a visit to the principals office. I can assure you he is now motivated to be a good boy. Knost's comments are a bit odd. What do expect when you call someone's baby ugly. I hope lessons are learned. About the golf, what a great day & can't wait til tomorrow.
                            Maybe Colt Knost needs some attention. He can't be too bright or is certainly a very slow learner.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                              Maybe Colt Knost needs some attention. He can't be too bright or is certainly a very slow learner.
                              Agree...some Villiage is missing their idiot. It's to bad this side story has legs. In the 25 years I have been involved with this great community event there are so many good stories among the players in contention. Looking forward to a positive day. For those of you who come out today, bring your walkmans and Kennedy and I will keep you updated.

Comment

Working...
                              X