Cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
    Tell me what was off topic, Fever. And while were at it, look at yourself in the mirror and look up the word narcissist.

I think you need a divorce. I'm sure you can figure out why.

BTW, why were you banned last time and did you learn anything from that? I'm looking forward to your expository elaboration on the subject.......
    Well let's see, you're disparaging Ricky for no reason. You're bringing up "cafeteria Christian" junk that rambled up about half of your post. You're basically doing the same **** you're throwing a tantrum about. How ironic.

We all realize you don't want Cold back because he abused you in a tiny corner and the possibility of that happening again haunts you to the point where you're going on a little bitchy tirade about him.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
      Shocka khan, you will never get a fair answer to that question from Fever. I’ve tried.

Now comes the part where Fever takes my voluntary refusal to reply to his posts, in an effort to appease some members of the board who got tired of our “conversations”, and tries to make me out to be the bad guy because I do still speak his name on occasion when talking to other posters.

Personal attacks and general flaming in 3… 2… 1… go
      Again, a job well done at "ignoring" me, Master of Logic.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
          The following is a report from an unknown source. The writing style is familiar, but I cannot put my finger on the author's name.

Since the players object, I vote for no video.

http://wheatshockers.com/showthread.php?tid=1743&pid=10634#pid10634

Okay, I am torn. My mole has obtained super secret footage of the men of black and gold doing their thang in the summer scrimmages, but he was cut short because some of the players objected to being filmed. I suspect they didn't want their boobies shown all over Shocker Nation .

I have reviewed the footage and while it is definitely live, it isn't very much. Since the players objected to being filmed, I don't think I should post what footage we have. What do you all think?

Now on to the written analysis...

Basically we have a team of fire-breathing, nail-eating, women and children-scaring, sky-walking, ball monsters. He said the scrimmage was so violent that players were being helped off the floor left and right. Nearly every time down the court somebody was flying to the rim to dunk and getting fouled hard by as many as three players. Hamilton went in for a monster dunk and was utterly destroyed by Glass. The spectators thought Hamilton had broken has arm as he landed hard on it and was slow to get up.

Remember folks, this is a summer scrimmage yet the players are acting like they were playing for a starting spot in front of the coaching staff. One has got to ask oneself how in the world does the coaching staff get them to play so mean - even when they aren't present. Yet there was nary a fight or harsh word spoken... except by General Fred VanVleet. He was apparently directing, scolding, commanding, and instructing the players on decision making and he wasn't using the King's English.

Bush is a better Orukpe, plain and simple. He is a shot-blocking monster, with MUCH improved hands, and a better notion of what to do with the ball when he is within 6 feet of the basket (this is what I like to hear). He moves well, is fast for his height, and has a more aggressive demeanor. Something about EO always struck us as gentle and harmless. Bush is not that man.

Darius Carter has firmly stepped into the role of "main man in the paint". He was extremely aggressive on the post and showed a plethora of sweet post moves with an ability to finish while people were trying to literally kill him. The conclusion is... Darius is going to blossom next year.

It was reported that Ri'an Holland was playing with strength and looked thicker. He was also quite aggressive and having no compuction for driving into the trees when only misery awaited him. He is a baller and has the heart of a lion. He also has a sick 3-pt shot.

Zach Brown will be an immediately impact player for us. He pulled off several highlight reel-worthy dunks and blocks and moved like a pro on the court. It was said he reeks of the skills and polish of a top 50 player. He's that good.

Shaq Morris was definitely faster and more aggressive this summer over last. He is in much better shape but seemed to blend in because there were so many players his same height. It was reported he didn't play too much so he might not be 100%.

Tevin Glass - In short, he doesn't **** around at all. He has arrived on campus ready to **** things up in the paint. He kind of scared my mole.

Rauno Nurger is a big body that is extremely well filled out for his age. He isn't as aggressive as most on the court but well skilled.

Ron Baker. I'm sure you all have heard of him. Well apparently he thinks he is some hot ****... and that's because he is. He was driving base-line and slamming. He was following up rebounds with two-legged slams. He was flying in on fast breaks with slams. It's said that watching Ron Baker play is akin to being sucked into another dimension. Nothing seems real anymore and you can't believe what you are seeing. What the **** did they feed him in western Kansas, cattle steroids?

Tekele Cotton looks even more the man this year and is definitely showing leadership tendencies. Tekele is all business and played his ass off for every second he was on the floor. With the way Cotton was playing, it could have been the Final Four rather than a summer scrimmage. He leaves everything on the floor every time he steps to it.

My buddy and I thought that people calling Hamilton our new Cle' Early was a bit of hyperbole. But apparently he is exactly that, only he is a true freshman as well. He was called a late bloomer but looks very similar to Early when he first arrived at Wichita State. Hamilton is freakishly athletic, loves to shoot the 3 (and makes a large percentage of them), and seems to be able to create his own shot better than Early when he first arrived. The bottom line is this... if we are sending a guy like Hamilton to prep school our program is in much better shape than even I could imagine. Every school in the Valley would commence printing fliers about the dawn of a new day if they ever happened to sign a guy like Hamilton. He is someone you can build your program around. Of course so is FVV, Ron Baker, Zach Brown... you get the idea.

Corey Henderson was reported to be very fast with slick handles and a knack for impossible passes. He was described as someone we would never consider red-shirting in the past. He is very polished and makes smart decisions but also has height and excellent ball-handling ability - and he's a coach's son. He's the complete package.

In closing, we are faster, taller, appear more hungry and aggressive than any time in...maybe forever (same thing I said last year). Perhaps X and Carr were more aggressive but they were only two. It seems like everybody on our team is mean... or should I say angry. But they aren't really mean to each other. They are all workmanlike... businesslike with killer instincts and some serious natural gifts. There was so much confidence and alpha in that gym you were literally slipping on it as you left. In the old days, we would go to a scrimmage and players were just happy that someone cared enough to watch. Fast-forward to 2014 and you feel like you ought to drop a 50 in a jar somewhere just for getting the opportunity to witness this team ball out in private.

Folks, we are living in a very exciting time. Cherish it, hug your children, pet your dog, kiss your wife and take out the trash. I don't know how long it will last but right now we are making memories that will last generations.

It's truly a great day to be a Shocker.
          I think I heard that Zach Brown could shoot the 3. Any chance 3G might start a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
            I think I heard that Zach Brown could shoot the 3. Any chance 3G might start a freshman.
            Absolutely.

Any chance he'll start a freshman over a backcourt of VanVleet, Baker and Cotton? Not so much. I think Brown projects as a really solid backup to Cotton this year, with the chance to earn the starting spot for the years going forward; much like FVV behind Armstead.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              Absolutely.

Any chance he'll start a freshman over a backcourt of VanVleet, Baker and Cotton? Not so much. I think Brown projects as a really solid backup to Cotton this year, with the chance to earn the starting spot for the years going forward; much like FVV behind Armstead.
              I was thinking of possibly starting as a stretch 4
              I.e. Early. I know he is projected as a wing Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
                I was thinking of possibly starting as a stretch 4
                I.e. Early. I know he is projected as a wing Just a thought
                I wouldn't be surprised to see this against small lineups later in the season.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                  I wouldn't be surprised to see this against small lineups later in the season.
                  I might not be surprised to see that lineup, but I might be surprised to see it as a starting lineup. Luckily, I think we are past the point of adjusting our starting lineup (or any of our lineups really) to match what the other team is doing. That was one of my biggest beefs with Turgeon, he always talked about "they went small so we had to go small." Screw that. Make the small guy guard the 7-footer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    I might not be surprised to see that lineup, but I might be surprised to see it as a starting lineup. Luckily, I think we are past the point of adjusting our starting lineup (or any of our lineups really) to match what the other team is doing. That was one of my biggest beefs with Turgeon, he always talked about "they went small so we had to go small." Screw that. Make the small guy guard the 7-footer.
                    We can still go small. Just put the 6'10" guy in. :~)
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      The only reason that Turgeon did this is because he didn't want to play zone. If you primarily play man as Turgeon did and Marshall does, you have to be able to guard their faster players on the perimeter. The nice thing about Gregg's teams is that we are much more athletic now and can often guard smaller players with taller players (with a few exceptions).

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        The only reason that Turgeon did this is because he didn't want to play zone. If you primarily play man as Turgeon did and Marshall does, you have to be able to guard their faster players on the perimeter. The nice thing about Gregg's teams is that we are much more athletic now and can often guard smaller players with taller players (with a few exceptions).
                        No, it was a philosophical approach to the game. He commented on it in like half his post-game interviews. It was being dictated by other teams, not by his own team. I understand it when you don't have the horses, but Turgeon had the horses for a few years. It was always reactionary instead of trying to shove the team's strengths down the opponents throat.

Comment

• So when I was searching titles for "cold" weather in hopes of adding my winter complaint to an existing thread, this gem popped up. I must say I am flattered! And it contains the SIU-C created fanbase photo of little ol' "me"!

A couple thoughts: I don't remember giving "shocka khan" so much ****. If he is the same guy that now goes by, "revenge_of..", sorry.

There's a very long list of folks I have exchanged words with... it's what I do (did). It's all for fun, until it goes too far. If you met me in person you would recognize all the good qualities of CB with none of the bad... okay, okay... maybe a few of the bad. Sometimes my filter is not secured appropriately, but that is necessary for comedic purposes.

So thanks again for the entertaining read. For the most part, I've never behaved in such a way as to deserve such kind words which makes them all the more valuable. If anything I did exactly the opposite. And that was by design.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            + 1,000,000 for the thread.

True WSU fan that can be a little brash at times, but offers a unique and quite entertaining view on things.

He sure beats some of the non-WSU trolls that frequent here like Mr. Obvious, for example, that contribute absolutely NOTHING to this board.

He would also put JH4P in his place as an added bonus.
                            Fev, does this need updating, or are things any different 6+ years later? Honestly curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Fev, does this need updating, or are things any different 6+ years later? Honestly curious.
                              lol

I didn't bump it for trollolols. Finding it was truly an accident. Everybody says contradictory **** on this board... well, except for me...

Fever would celebrate my banning and then 3 mos. later be like this...

Comment

• I'd like to submit a new article of impeachment...

Comment

Working...
                                X