Beware of Yellowstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of Yellowstone

http://dcclothesline.com/2013/10/03/...aring-to-life/ Friend of mine who lives in Butte sent me this.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Interesting, however I agree with Megan...

"Megan on December 18, 2013 at 10:47 am
    Perhaps this site should do some legit research from scientific papers about volcanic eruptions and geology rather than quote the “Daily Mail”. Being a geologist myself this so called article is a LOAD OF ****!"
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Dont know if it is or isnt, but have seen other articles and tv shows about Yellowstone warning of some the same things. I recall one on NatGeo channel a couple of years ago.
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

The only thing new to knowledge about the super volcano is it's bigger than once thought. But the destructive force to the US and world has been known for along time. The below article gives some information on guessing when it will happen. It won't be tomorrow.

Last edited by tropicalshox; December 18, 2013, 04:29 PM.
        In the fast lane

Comment

We are only 748 or so miles from there as the crow flies. Unfortunately we are 252 or so miles within the uninhabitable zone.
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Don't worry, Congress will pass a bill outlawing volcanic eruptions and that'll stop it.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
              Dont know if it is or isnt, but have seen other articles and tv shows about Yellowstone warning of some the same things. I recall one on NatGeo channel a couple of years ago.
              funny, I watched a show on some channel like NATGeo on UFOs. It had all these witnesses and experts for this specific example in Arizona. Following it was a show depbunking the previous show with with witnesses and experts. I believed the debunking. Maybe you didn't stay up long enough to watch the debunking show.

You probably have better odds of winning the powerball then seeing a super volcano in your lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                We are only 748 or so miles from there as the crow flies. Unfortunately we are 252 or so miles within the uninhabitable zone.
                Springfield?
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                  Springfield?
                  lol

Comment

Lurking beneath Yellowstone National Park is a massive underground reservoir of magma, capped by the park's famous caldera. 640,000 years ago, a super eruption rocked the region. What would happen if another such event blasted the park today? We asked USGS geologist Jake Lowenstern, scientist-in-charge of the…

An article based on an interview with the head geologist at the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Good news everyone. The first article says mega blast ash fallout radius is 1000 miles. Wichita is 1051 from Yellowstone. Looks like Hutchinson might be toast though

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                        Good news everyone. The first article says mega blast ash fallout radius is 1000 miles. Wichita is 1051 from Yellowstone. Looks like Hutchinson might be toast though
                        Only lightly toasted.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out if I should be more concerned about Yellowstone or yellow snow.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Does the article say anything about the effects at Jellystone? Concerned about Yogi.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                              When I entered flight plan data from Wichita Mid-continent Airport (ICT) to Yellowstone Airport (KWYS) located in West Yellowstone, MT on the west side of the park I get 748 miles with a heading of 309 degrees.

But I am with KungWU I am more worried about yellow snow than yellowstone for not only me but grandchildren or great-grandchildren. Please keep in mind my son is only 11 years old. :)
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X