No announcement yet.

Dreamliner lands at wrong Wichita airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing like an airplane take-off to get wichita to come to a standstill.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
      Did it takeoff yet?
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

They are teasing us right now
        Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        Did it takeoff yet?

Comment

There she goes

Comment

It didn't need much to get off the ground. Tough to tell but I thought it barely made it half-way down the runway.

Comment

Not to switch subjects, but have they released the name of th pilot that landed the thing last night? Was it Sibelius?
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                THAT was just not any airplane take-off. I'd still like to see how they got it turned around on that narrow runway. I know they used a "tug" from McConnell or Spirit. Also heard that another concern was the overhang of the wings and how close a engine might get to sucking one up.

Comment

If I'm the pilot's boss here's what I'm saying, "Damn good piloting son! Landing that 1 million pound plane, at night, on a 6,000 foot runway? Well done sir. Now, what the hell were you thinking? You can fly your ass off, but I'm writing you up".

Comment

Some exclusive footage from inside the cockpit has surfaced:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Timmy.jpg

Comment

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                          That's what the Italians call Kareem.

Comment

This thread is kind of a letdown. I fully expected this thing to go all aviation geek. Wichita is the air capital, isn't it? This was a national news story about an airplane in the air capital, wasn't it? There are many private pilots on this board, aren't there? Aviation engineers? Plane geeks?

I was hoping this thread evolved into a discussion on how many takeoffs and landings are done before a 747 gets new tires, best, worst and funniest aviation story. But most of all, I expected a discussion on Bernoulli's principle.

Instead, it was, "Yeah, the runway is short. Yeah, it took off. Whatever."

Comment

Kung Wu would have flown that sum batch out of Jabara. WuDrWu would have gotten Marshall to fly the SOB. Baller would have blamed the whole thing on Creighton pilots and Big East AirTraffic Controllers.

RDR wouldn't give a **** and Shirley would sell Boeing some new windows for the plane.

Comment

I forgot to mention, Cold would see the plane and immediately get a boner thinking of recruiting the dream lifter to play post for the Shockers.

Comment

Working...
                                X