No announcement yet.

Update on my wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife works at NetApp and several people have called WSU and they are going to try and do something for her at the game on Saturday. They said an asst AD is working on doing "something" and have talked to HCGM as well. Don't know what it could be but anything would really make her happy. Hope you all can make it to the game and enjoy whatever they have planned. If I hear anything I will pass it on.

Comment

Prayers Pogo

Comment

@pogo:, I'm sorry I won’t be at Saturday’s game; you both are in my thoughts and prayers.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

That sucks man. Thoughts and prayers from my family to yours. Glad to hear your wife's support of the program will be recognized on Saturday, that's great.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

The Athletic office called this afternoon after the game and apologized that what they had planned for my wife did not happen due to a security problem they had. They said we are to be their guests this coming week for a practice session and meet/greet the team. My wife thinks that sounds wonderful and so do I.

Comment

Your wife is an inspiration to me and many others on SN. Maybe the sight of her bravery and strength will send our home town team into playing angry again. You two give em hell this week. The most important thing is have fun and continue to build forever memories with your soul mate.

Comment

Well we went to the practice today and had a great time. HCGM brought a poster that was signed by the team as well as some personal notes from the players. HCGM spent about 15 minutes with us talking and just being nice. The players all finished stretching then came over and introduced themselves and shook our hands. Afterwards my wife commented "what a nice bunch of young men". Spent some time watching the different groups work out and talking to Darren Boatwright. Nice guy himself and made us feel welcome and appreciated. HCGM wrote "Debbie we dedicate this game to you". Guess we will get it framed and hung in the house in a special place. I will send a thank you to the team and staff a little later. Debbie had a good time and we both appreciate the hospitality shown to us. When they formed up you will never guess who the first two were....FVV and Ron Baker.

Comment

Your story is very touching. I'm glad that your wife is making the most of her time. I'm sure it's comforting for your wife to be able to spend time doing the things she loves the most. I hope she has a great time in KC.

Comment

Debbie passed away this morning at home. We had many people stop by all day and several stayed for quite a while just to talk about her. The service will be this Thursday in the afternoon at University Congregational Church. No exact time yet but will be published with the obituary and also here when I finalize a time. She was one of a kind and will be remembered as a wonderful person and friendl by those that met her. She retained her great smile to the very end. I will miss her.

Comment

I wish you peace.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about your wife's passing. I hope that the love of family and friends will comfort and strengthen you in the days ahead.

Comment

The Shox just lost a mortal superfan, but just gained one heck of an angel!

God bless ya @pogo:.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I will admit that one of the reasons I was near tears after the Kentucky loss was that I realized that your wife probably saw her last Shocker game. May God grant you and your family peace and comfort in the coming days, weeks, and years ahead.
                            78-65

Comment

bless her and peace to your family.

Comment

My condolences. And may she rest in peace.
                                Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                                Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X