Update on my wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my wife

We saw the oncologist yesterday and received devastating news. Her brain tumors that had been dormant for the last 8 months have started to grow and several new ones have appeared. There are no more options for her since the first round of radiation was the max that they will deliver. Anything more would just fry the rest of the healthy part of her brain. Because of the somewhat aggressive growth he felt that she had between a few weeks and a couple of months. We are hoping for a couple of months since that will allow us to go to KC and the tournament. I can't begin to tell everyone how much she enjoys Shocker Basketball and the success they have had as well as the way the program has brought in really good young men to represent our alma mater. We will continue to attend every game that her health allows her to attend. We have only been married 7 years but I remember the first time we attended a Shocker Basketball game together and during the player intro's Cousinard was greeted with Coooooooose, and my wife thought the crowd was booing him. I explained what was going on and she was good to go. Just one of the many good and humorous times we have had together. Go Shocks.

My my thank you for sharing. I can honestly say I am at loss for words. I hope that you and your wife will find some comfort knowing that all of us at Shockernet have you and your wife in our thoughts, prayers and hopes. This world is truely a better place because of both of you . Please stay strong.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Damn that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
        My my thank you for sharing. I can honestly say I am at loss for words. I hope that you and your wife will find some comfort knowing that all of us at Shockernet have you and your wife in our thoughts, prayers and hopes. This world is truely a better place because of both of you . Please stay strong.
        For a loss of words, you expressed it perfectly.

Comment

Wishing you and your wife peace and comfort.

Comment

Brain cancer vigorously inhales. I lost a family member to the nasty stuff last summer. I hope you can cherish the last little bit of time with your beloved, and I hope when the Big Man calls your wife home, she won't have suffered too much. Best wishes.
            78-65

Comment

I am terribly saddened at this news. I will keep you both in my prayers.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I am so sorry.

Comment

Like @WuShock16 I lost an aunt (sister of @EAGLE) to brain tumors this past summer. My prayers are with your wife, you and your family.

Comment

Man.

You two are the best Shocker sports buddies the old man and I have. We've had seats surrounded by good folks before. And we've had seats next to a genuine grumpy old asshole before. But we've never had as good a time like we have sitting behind you guys. You guys put up with our jackass commentary, referee bashin', kid kickin' the seat, pop spillin', ear drum curdling screams, rowdy ass nephews tossing stuff and halitosis that would make puff the magic dragon proud. And hooking up with you guys in Saint Lewis and letting you chaperone us around when we were tourney virgins -- what a great time and a blessing!

I've had ample opportunity to "improve" our seats, but each time I just can't pull the trigger. It turns out that sometimes a better view of a ballgame just doesn't equate to a better ballgame experience.

PM me if I can help in ANY way.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Mrs Pogo. I'm very sorry to hear about this.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                        My sentiments exactly.

Godspeed.

Comment

That really breaks my heart @pogo:. I hope both of you can find peace...

Comment

Sorry man. Prayers out and may God's grace be on her and you as you serve her through these tough times.

Comment

Pogo,
                              I don't know you from spit, however being a Shocker fan makes you someone I root for at a baseline level. You appear to have a spirit that makes God proud and me looking up to you. For you to talk about your story on SN in a matter of fact way shows how strong and faithful you are.

I have just spent the day at a funeral in Argonia. My 45 year old cousin dropped dead of a heart attack this past Friday. He left a wife and three children ages 10, 6 and 3. Spending part of the week with the wife reminds me of you. Although being in this situation is the last thing on earth she wants, at the same time she is a realist and a positively strong person. Her strength, and yours, reminds me that our lives have already been mapped out; live each day as although it's your last. Take nothing for granted and let the chips fall as they may. May God guide you and your wife for the time she has left. Live for today and take nothing for granted.

Comment

Working...
                              X