KC Chiefs: Wk 8 vs Cleveland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    Go ask RG3 and Kirk Cousins if Denver's pass defense was incredibly soft. After five turnovers (four being INTs) and some hellacious hits that those guys took, I don't think "incredibly soft" would come to mind for them.
    It is true that Denver played well against the Redskins, but one game doesn't override the rest of their season. But they went into that game as the worst passing defense in the NFL, while the Chiefs are holding opponents to the least number of points, lowest completion percentage, most sacks, 2nd lowest overall rating, and 4th lowest yards/game. Despite leading the league in interceptions, Denver is still giving up 27.2 points and nearly 300 yards a game in the air.

If Denver can reproduce what they did against the Redskins, they will be a lot more formidable, but I still can't dismiss how they've played before that game.

Comment

Word is the physical toll of the season is wearing on Peyton and had to take pain killers to get through the Washington game.

Comment

The Chiefs won't go to the SB and probably won't win the AFC West, but hey, after yesterday's win the Chiefs solidified at worse, a .500 season. Yes!!!!!

Comment

Hey, look at the bright side. Tough schedule or not, the Chiefs are closing games. Anybody watch the cowboys job of closing with the Lions? Yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
            Hey, look at the bright side. Tough schedule or not, the Chiefs are closing games. Anybody watch the cowboys job of closing with the Lions? Yeah.
            Maybe you shouldn't be disparaging the best opponent the Chiefs have faced, who they only beat by 1 at home.

Comment

I believe someone else also made an example of how hard it was to go 8-0 by saying that if KC played Jacksonville 8 straight games, they'd probably lose 1 or 2. Ummm....NO. Poor example. You lose to Jacksonville, your not that good. They haven't even scored a touchdown on their home field yet this season. This is not to say that going 8-0 isn't impressive, even if they have only played teams from nearly the bottom half of the NFL. They have made great strides and I hope they can continue to build on that in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                Maybe you shouldn't be disparaging the best opponent the Chiefs have faced, who they only beat by 1 at home.
                Cowboys fan? I didn't watch the Cowboys but he's right that the Chiefs do close games and have played their best when they need to. That's when the defense and offense (running game) have both kicked into high gear.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  Cowboys fan? I didn't watch the Cowboys but he's right that the Chiefs do close games and have played their best when they need to. That's when the defense and offense (running game) have both kicked into high gear.
                  Cowboys fan? Hardly. Just the opposite. If I wanted to build up the Chiefs, I wouldn't be comparing them to the Cowboys, particularly since we only beat them by 1 at home. I expect the Cowboys to have a problem closing out a game.

Comment

Working...
                  X