Royals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    A good chunk of just about every MLB fanbase thinks they have the worst manager (and GM) in the game. It's the nature of being a baseball fan, I guess. But when a manager (Yost) gets fired in the midst of a playoff race, I think that gives some credibility to the opinion he's not a playoff-caliber manager.

That said, he has been at the helm of the best KC team we've seen in 20 years.
    But that has more to do with what Dayton Moore has put on the field than what Yost has done on the bench.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      But that has more to do with what Dayton Moore has put on the field than what Yost has done on the bench.
      I was going to say just that, but figured I'd give Yost at least a little credit. He's sure better than Trey Hillman and Tony Muser.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        He's sure better than Trey Hillman and Tony Muser.
        That's not saying much. I hope Dayton finds someone else.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Unless the royals go on a big time slump the last 16, I dont think there no way that Yost doesnt get an extension.
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I don't want to be a Yost apologist and I'm not saying that he is a great manager, and belongs in the Hall of Fame. The same thing goes for Dayton Moore. However, they obviously are very knowledgeable in baseball and have top shelf resumes and backgrounds to back it up. Understand that I'm not saying that they are smart all of the time and that they haven't made mistakes, but they obviously have track records that support their high level status in the game. One big mistake that has been mentioned regarding Yost is his firing of Kevin Seitzer. I think that Seitzer had them on the right track.

At the same time, Rany Jazayerli is a dermatologist (beyond his writing articles on baseball and knowing a lot about statistics, etc., I know nothing about his baseball background or if he even played but obviously he loves the sport and is knowledgable) from Chicago who gets a high level of respect for calling them dummies. I'm not saying that Rany isn't a very smart guy and that he doesn't have good points that I would agree with much of the time. He has at the very least taught himself a lot about baseball and is very smart.

But to say that Yost doesn't have anything or very little to do with the success that the Royals have enjoyed this year is not logical. The same goes with Moore.

Comment

Rumors that Ventura will get called up for the last couple of weeks of the season. Although, as Rany put it: great, another flame throwing reliever that Ned can ignore so he can send Guthrie out to pitch the 8th...

Would love to see him be able to pitch some though and get his feet wet. I expect him to be in the rotation next season.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Yosted again

Can you really argue against Rany's points? I'm not near the numbers guy that he is, but you don't have to be to realize that Ned was an idiot Sunday.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I haven't read Rany's piece on yesterday yet, but I read some quotes from Yost saying you have to use your head, not your heart, when making decisions like that. Yet what does he go and do? Goes on a hunch, which is hardly using your head.

12 hits in seven innings. Get him out of there before the collapse. Yosted, indeed.

As for Ventura I only see three scenarios that put him on the mound. 1. KC is out of the race, 2. it's a blowout, or 3. a 15-inning game following a game that used four or more bullpen arms. I hope like heck we don't see a rookie pitcher in a high-leverage situation while there's still a shot at the playoffs.

My bet is that after the Cleveland series, we won't have a realistic shot. Yes, I'm predicting we go 1-2. I hope I'm wrong, but losing the Detroit series has put us in a position where we need to sweep the Indians, and can in no way afford anything worse than 2-1.

Comment

Just announced that Ventura is starting tomorrow for Duffy.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Duffy apparently has a little forearm tightness so they're gonna rest him to be safe.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Inflammation of the flexor, according to an MRI. No structural problems.

Comment

In minor league news, Dwyer had a perfect game thru 6 2/3 in the AAA title game. I just found out the game is on NBC Sports. Wish I'd known sooner. Chasers are up 2-0 in bottom of the 8th.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Dwyer went 7 giving up 1 hit, no walks and struck out 8.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

AAA Champs
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Can't give up 3-0 leads
                                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
                                X