[REQUEST] Bring back Cold for the offseason through OOC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REQUEST] Bring back Cold for the offseason through OOC

BRING BACK COLD, PLEASE. At least until OOC when the heavy trolling starts.
    YES
    42.86%
    NO
    52.38%
    FOR A LITTLE WHILE
    4.76%
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by shock View Post
    BRING BACK COLD, PLEASE. At least until OOC when the heavy trolling starts.
    I concur.

Comment

If you're coming here or not coming here based on 1 person, you're missing out on 3,000 other people who are just as good or better than that 1 person

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
        If you're coming here or not coming here based on 1 person, you're missing out on 3,000 other people who are just as good or better than that 1 person
        Nobody's coming here for one person. That one person however does generate lots of discussion and activity for 3,000 people.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I say let the chucklehead post.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I say we wait until after HCGM retires.

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
              Take what you have seen here this off season and compare it to this:
              First post here. I was invited to join by Angry Wheat so I figured, why not? It's not like I have another Shocker forum to post on... :rollseyes:

A little copy/paste from MVCfans + more info:

My mole gave me a detailed report on the stable of studs WSU brings to the Valley table next year after attending a summer scrimmage recently. He sent me videos, pictures, and plenty of commentary on how we are going to be the deepest and most athletic we have ever been from top to bottom in probably the history of the program.

Those are big statements and they aren't mine, but if they are true, the Valley is in deep **** next year.

Cleanthony has continued on from where he left off in last year's Final Four run. We are going to have to start calling him Mr. F.A.A. because he pretty much owns the air space over Wichita State AND will the rest of the Valley soon.

Tekele is not only 100% Cotton, he is 100% badass. Don't piss him off. In one play, Cotton called a foul and was walking towards the opposite side of the floor mumbling about how he was going to shoot free throws. Free throws in a scrimmage... ya right.. lol.

While he was walking back, Fred started chirping a bit saying there was no foul and responding to Cotton's complaints as just arguing with himself. In other words, F.V.V. was kind of talking trash to someone you probably don't want to talk trash with. And nobody was laughing..

On the ensuing next couple plays, Cotton proceeded to jam the ball with authority over, around, and through anybody that was in his way.........

F.V.V. is pretty much one of the best sophomore point guards in the nation. He "marshall's" the court expertly and gets the ball to the right player. On this day though, he was scoring at will from deep and in the paint. My mole asked Shaq if anybody is going to stop him. He replied, "we are trying, but he is crafty". A video he sent me tells the whole story. He makes people look stupid.

Speaking of Shaq.... he said that Shaq must weigh like 400 lbs (actually 280 per Rosenboom) he was banging with the much older and much more experienced K. Coleby and not giving up an inch of real estate. Shaq is what 18 years old? ROFL! By the time he is a senior he is going to have tear tattoos all over his face for the players he has killed in the MVC. No, seriously. He has amazing ups for a guy nearing 3 bills on the scales. HCGM says he wants him down to 260. Good luck! Shaq took a beautiful lob from F.V.V. and flushed it with authority. He was way up in the air all 400 lbs of him (and this is AFTER having worked out in the gym with Kerry and having played at least an hour of very hard scrimmage).

Darius Carter....... BEAST. Supposedly he is very big - at least 6'8". My buddy said he looked taller than Shaq. He has very broad shoulders and plays wayyyyy above the rim. He looks as BCS as any player we have signed in memory. Just a very impressive-looking ballplayer.

Kadeem Coleby was a monster on the boards and made some nifty 15ft fadeaways look easy. He looks big, built, and very springy. I have no idea if he can shoot a free throw but I will tell you that many Valley teams are going to have no choice but to foul him if he gets the ball close to the basket.

T

...:cool:
              Okay sure, other people have given insights like that on here. But look at this:
              My mole sent me a few miscellaneous videos from a recent scrimmage. He said some of the best action is missing and to take into consideration that the players just got out of a grueling 2 hour workout in the weight room. There is a mystery player in here as well. Can you identify him?

Enjoy!

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/hkdAtiJuyCA[/video]

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/JdeHJqQ-V-U[/video]

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/L7w82NUPO6c[/video]

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/8SfevNYganI[/video]

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/EfGEJPSD7YI[/video]

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/87UXII-IORM[/video]

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/AXBVwai9iRA[/video]

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/TBpdDo0HwrU[/video]

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/oU0G4V5EPgY[/video]

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/wazQD3bCI8o[/video]

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/q8G_wbfrTtU[/video]

T

AND
              Originally posted by fastbow' pid='671' dateline='1375513481
              Saints alive! A bunch of blurry, thirty-second videos...

And they couldn't get me more fired up for this season! Thanks for sharing, and shame on you for sharing. You're just making the time seem that much longer!

Yeah, blurry cellphone video. But doesn't it make you feel like you are there and in the action? I think in one video the ball almost hits the dude with the camera... lol

Originally posted by theICTvillain' pid='672' dateline='1375538016
              Looks like we could have a lot of fun this year.... the Fredster was tricky.

He said Fred couldn't be stopped. Wasn't Fred supposed to be a pass-first kind of guy? He looks to me like he is becoming a prolific scoring - pass second - point guard. I'm sure it's just the summer scrimmage effect. But his stamina was unbelievable considering he just finished lifting. He could play 40 minutes a game easy and then kick back with a beer. Well... no beer yet Fred. ;)

P.S.

Here is a list of the players in the video that I recognize:

Darius Carter - Wearing black shorts, black sleeveless shirt and a black knee support on right leg.

Fred VanVleet - N.C. Blue shorts, black t-shirt.

Kadeem Coleby - Red shorts with white stripe, white sleeveless shirt.

Derail Green - Grey t-shirt, Black shorts with yellow stripes, bright red shoes.

Shag Morris - Black tank top #4, black shorts with yellow stripes. Wide as a tank.

Tekele Cotton - White sleeveless t-shirt, black shorts, two black knee supports, black and yellow shoes, two-loaded guns hanging from his shoulders. I thought you couldn't carry those in Koch Arena?

Evan Wessel - shirtless white boy with 20% body fat?

Mystery Dude - Black body-armor style t-shirt, long silver shorts, very athletic and tall. I believe it is Green's friend. I don't know where he is from.

D.J Bowles - Grey sleeveless t-shirt, black and yellow shorts.

Rian Holland - White sleeveless t-shirt, black and yellow shorts.

Unknown Dude - Black and yellow t-shirt, shorts, and shoes.

Let me know if I screwed any of these up or I am missing anybody.

T

So yeah, I'll go where that guy posts, and I won't even lead the way. Shockernet is great, and I love all of you (no homo), and I will be around, but Cold makes the offseason. Period.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I'm not gonna lie. I'm surprised its so close to 50/50. I actually thought most of the Cold hate was in good fun and that he was still gone because it had been forgotten to be changed back or that he was playing the silent treatment in retaliation. I didn't realize we actually didn't want him here.

Oh well. It's none of my business and I don't know enough about his history to have a real opinion.

Comment

I just realized that in a presidential election, Cold is currently winning the popular vote by a landslide at 20Yes - 19No, or about 48.8% - 46.3% with 4.9 % going independent.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                    I just realized that in a presidential election, Cold is currently winning the popular vote by a landslide at 20Yes - 19No, or about 48.8% - 46.3% with 4.9 % going independent.
                    That wouldn't be a landslide by any stretch of the imagination. But someone closed the gap again anyhoo.
                    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

The problem with Cold is along with the good, he brings the bad with him. I have no hate for Cold, but I voted not to bring him back.

This isn't Cold first ban. If it was I would have voted to bring him back.
                      This isn't even Cold's second ban. If it was I might have voted to bring him back.
                      I'm not even sure if this is Cold's third ban. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I don't think Kai is insane. He decided it is not worth to allow him back knowing where it will lead in the future.

Comment

I can only remember one other ban.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Was it McCartney and Wings?

Comment

If I was smart I would vote to keep him banned for obvious reasons. This is better than a soap opera.
                            MTXA = Mental Toughness Xtra Angry!!

>>> http://www.wheatshockers.com <<<

Comment

Persons administering and monitoring the site for no pay should not have to combat the Colds of the world.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X