Zimmerman lawyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zimmerman lawyers

Watched their interview on CNN last night, and I thought they came off horribly. They acted like they were in damage control, and were spinning everything.

The case is over, a jury found him not guilty. And outside of the agitators and organizers, most in the legal profession are highly critical that charges were even brought. I guess they fear the mob, which is really sad.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

The dude in the prosecuters office even said they withheld evidence from the defense and got fired for it. Not sure how the defense is wrong in saying they withheld things. I didn't follow closely, but I'm guessing there's more.

I'm not surprised the prosecution didn't turn everything over, if that's as true as the defense claims, considering they didn't have a very strong case to begin with.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Speaking of the verdict, it sounds like it's begun
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Is it time to utilize hate-crime legislation?

Comment

Zimmerman's Lawyers Going After NBC News - Washington Post

"Last night’s not-guilty verdict in the George Zimmerman trial will enable the neighborhood-watch volunteer to resume his case against NBC News for the mis-editing of his widely distributed call to police. Back in December, Zimmerman sued NBC Universal Media for defamation over the botched editing, which depicted him as a hardened racial profiler.

Here’s how NBC News, in a March 27, 2012, broadcast of the “Today” show, abridged the tape of Zimmerman’s comments to a police dispatcher on the evening of Feb. 26, 2012:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

The full tape went like this:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about. Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?
            Zimmerman: He looks black.

NBC Universal Media responded to the Zimmerman complaint by noting that other media outlets played up the racial angle of Zimmerman’s deadly encounter with Trayvon Martin.

The company also noted the pivotal nature of the second-degree murder case: “[I]f Zimmerman is convicted, that fact alone will constitute substantial evidence that the destruction of his reputation is the result of his own criminal conduct, and not of the broadcasts at issue which, like countless other news reports disseminated by media entities throughout the country, reported on the underlying events.”

That formulation is now null.

Personally, I'd love to see our news media gets the crap sued out of them for continued false reporting.

According to Zimmerman attorney James Beasley, the case against NBC News was stayed pending the outcome of the criminal case. Now that’s out of the way, and Beasley is ready to proceed. “We’re going to start in earnest asap, we just have to get the stay lifted which is a ministerial act,” says Beasley, a Philadelphia lawyer, via e-mail.

When asked how the not-guilty verdict affects the civil case against NBC News, Beasley responded, “This verdict of not guilty is just that, and shows that at least this jury didn’t believe that George was a racist, profiling, or anything that the press accused George of being. That probably doesn’t get you that much but it’s simply time for us to start the case and hold accountable anyone who was irresponsible in their journalism.”

Comment

Until the press is held accountable for things like this, they'll continue to do so. It's not about journalism anymore. It's about creating the biggest storyline you can no matter what the evidence indicates.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I would surmise that this suit will also help him pay for his defense. The defense attorneys were probably hoping of that anyway. Zimmerman would have to be a rich man to pay for it any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  I would surmise that this suit will also help him pay for his defense. The defense attorneys were probably hoping of that anyway. Zimmerman would have to be a rich man to pay for it any other way.
                  Zimmerman doesn't want to try to get too much money out of this. Right now the Martin attorneys probably won't file a civil case against Zimmerman because he has no money.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    Zimmerman doesn't want to try to get too much money out of this. Right now the Martin attorneys probably won't file a civil case against Zimmerman because he has no money.
                    It won't be because of lack of perceived money but because of Florida "stand your ground" law. Under Florida law if a individual is found justified in using deadly force is immune from civil liability. If the family sues and loses it will have to pay Zimmerman compensation and legal fees.

Comment

This whole circus is only just getting started. After the verdict it was mostly peaceful across the nation. Then it was reported that the usual race inflaming suspects, along with help from the white house, started organizing rallies all over the country. Now we are seeing violence breaking out as fuel is continuing to be poured on the fire. Most of this is being orchestrated by master puppeteers. Tonight I heard a sound bite with Hillary saying "a mother shouldn't have to fear for her child's safety when he walks the street" ---SMFH
                      MTXA = Mental Toughness Xtra Angry!!

>>> http://www.wheatshockers.com <<<

Comment

Atleast us whites didn't run the streets protesting, tearing up property, and running to the attorney general to claim our rights were violated when OJ was found not guilty

Comment

Originally posted by AngryWheat=FTW= View Post
                          This whole circus is only just getting started. After the verdict it was mostly peaceful across the nation. Then it was reported that the usual race inflaming suspects, along with help from the white house, started organizing rallies all over the country. Now we are seeing violence breaking out as fuel is continuing to be poured on the fire. Most of this is being orchestrated by master puppeteers. Tonight I heard a sound bite with Hillary saying "a mother shouldn't have to fear for her child's safety when he walks the street" ---SMFH
                          I wonder if Hillary will be taking that message to Chicago anytime soon?

7/15 - 3 dead in shooting including 16 year old boy
                          7/14 - 8 wounded in shooting
                          7/13 - 2 dead, 2 wounded
                          July 4th weekend - 9 dead including 17 year old

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            I wonder if Hillary will be taking that message to Chicago anytime soon?

7/15 - 3 dead in shooting including 16 year old boy
                            7/14 - 8 wounded in shooting
                            7/13 - 2 dead, 2 wounded
                            July 4th weekend - 9 dead including 17 year old
                            But it only matters if the shooter is not black.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Ivy League professor of Religious Studies calls God a white racist because of the Zimmerman ruling. Apparently in her view, Christians are racists and apparently white. Don't tell that to the millions of black, asian and hispanic Christians out there...
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                              X