Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody here actually read the book "1984" by Orwell? I certainly know all about it, but have never read it. Is it a good read, or is it only good because it has become so accurate?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Pretty good read. I didn't enjoy it as much as Animal Farm, but it is worth reading.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Yes, many years ago. Can't remember a thing about it.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Ive never been much of a fiction reader but I found it to be very enjoyable.

Comment

It's a really good read. If you haven't read Brave New World, I'd definitely suggest that too. It's interesting to compare and contrast the two different worlds drawn up in each book and try to picture where our world is heading - to one where we are forced to believe what the government tells us and disregarding the rules draws a punishment (1984), or one where we are too ignorant and carefree to bother educating ourselves (Brave New World)?

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Good read, but creepy and depressing.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think I'll give it a quick read. Sooo many books, so little time. It's hard to prioritize.

Comment

Here's the movie based on George Orwell's 1984.

Comment

From the link.

The centennial edition of the novel surged 7,005 percent on Amazon, according to the online retailer's "Mover and Shakers in Books" page that monitors biggest gainers in sales rank compared to 24 hours ago.
                      What I'd like to know. How many copies did @Kung Wu: get?

Comment

One from a used book store here in town ($4 + tax). :)

Comment

and the song

How bout a live version

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

At Examiner.com™ we help you excel personal finance, boost income, invest wisely, travel smart, reach financial freedom faster, and enjoy life on a budget.

Comment

Working...
                            X