Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We had chariots during my days at the WU...

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/WUBER-provides-free-rides-for-Wichita-State-students-491230371.html

jrdou.jpg

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! I remember my days at WSU, running from the baseball parking lot at 7:30AM in 0F temps and 100mph north winds. The kids these days are soft I tell ya! Soft!

T

...:cool:

• WUBER, lmao!
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Freddy's on WSU campus opens
      “We’re proud to bring Freddy’s to a university that is near and dear to us, where Freddy himself played varsity basketball and graduated after the end of World War II,” said Freddy's CEO and co-founder Randy Simon in the release."

https://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/...048&j=83375211

Comment

• I had no idea this was going on until my son moved into The Flats and has a birds-eye view of the construction.

The Suites

Comment

• If you build it, they will come!
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            I had no idea this was going on until my son moved into The Flats and has a birds-eye view of the construction.

The Suites
            Closing Fairmount Towers earlier than 'originally' planned and building the second on campus residence hall looks like great planning/vision to me. And having both the Flats and The Suites in the new Innovation Campus appears brilliant. I'm sure someone will throw out some negatives, but I see nothing but positives. Get on board... the train is leaving the station!

Comment

• $5 million anonymous gift pushes WSU past it's 50% private funds goal for new business school.

Aug. 23 -- A new pledge of $5 million has lifted to $26.7 million the amount committed so far from private donors to build a new home for the W. Frank Barton School of Business at Wichita State University.

Comment

• Wichita State to offer courses at McConnell Air Force Base

Wichita State University on Thursday announced a partnership to offer courses at McConnell Air Force Base later this year.
                The on-base education will be offered by WSU faculty and will include both 8-week programs and traditional term courses.

The courses focus on seven different programs: General business, information technology and management information systems, engineering technology and cybersecurity, psychology, sociology, workplace leadership and applied learning.

“We’re very excited about signing that partnership and we look forward to the education it provides our community,” Zach Gearhart, the school’s director of government relations, said during the announcement of the partnership at WSU’s weekly news briefing.

A McConnell spokesperson says that the final details are being worked out now between the base’s education office and WSU, but initial courses are expected to begin in October.

Comment

• Butler teams with WSU to make it easier for business students to transfer

Wichita State University and Butler Community College have a new partnership that will allow Butler business students to transfer more easily into WSU's W. Frank Barton School of Business.
                  According to the two schools, business students at Butler who graduate with an associate degree will now be able to seamlessly transfer to the four-year university.

"It's a great opportunity for students," says Lori Winningham, Butler's vice president of academics. "This (agreement) came out of previous discussions and, as the universities streamline their bachelors degrees back to 120 credit hours as directed by the Kansas Board of Regents, we wanted to make sure both institutions had this information available to students."

Comment

• WSU Tech among fastest-growing colleges in U.S., study says

WSU Tech is growing and a national publication has taken notice.

The Chronicle of Higher Education this month released its list of the fastest-growing "associate and baccalaureate/associate" colleges in the U.S. during the 10 years from 2006 through 2016.

Coming in second on the list was none other than WSU Tech, which was formerly known as Wichita Area Technical College.

During the 10-year span studied, WSU Tech grew its enrollment by a staggering 418 percent, from a total of 693 students for the fall 2006 semester to just under 3,600 for the fall 2016 semester, according to the school. For its fall 2017 semester, the school had an enrollment total of 4,267.

“WSU Tech is being more innovative in our approach to recruiting students, providing relevant training and credentials in order to meet employer needs and creating pathways of employment for our graduates," said WSU Tech President Sheree Utash in a news release. "We have added new programs to meet workforce needs and have been intentional in our work to remove barriers for students.”

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• “Big News! The newest Shocker Store location in Braeburn Square will be having their Grand Opening...”

Comment

• WSU campus expansion update

Tomblin said he talks regularly with company leaders who are interested in locating research facilities on campus, but are worried about finding enough students to hire as part-time employees and eventually as full-time employees.

“Companies always come back to the question, ‘Can Kansas produce enough educated workers?’” Tomblin said, adding that they react positively to the information that WSU is now actively recruiting students in Texas, Oklahoma and Missouri to come to Wichita for their education and sink roots here.

For example, the number of Oklahomans enrolled at WSU has gone from about 20 in 2015 to more than 100 this semester.

Comment

• WstateU
                          WstateU commented
                          Editing a comment
                          "Kansas and Wichita can't find enough workers, which limits companies' ability to grow and boost the economy. Job vacancies increased by more than 9 percent throughout Kansas last year. "We think workforce and talent are really the No. 1 threat to our ability to grow, not only in Wichita but also the state of Kansas," said Gary Plummer, president and CEO of the Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce. Wichita officials said they're working to address the worker shortage. The merger of Wichita State University and Wichita Area Technical College will produce better-qualified workers, officials said."

• Boom! Pregame margaritas anyone?

Fuzzy’s Taco Shop to open at WSU’s Braeburn Square, which has ‘gone amazingly quickly’

This is the type of thing that will bring in other restaurants, I would think. With Fuzzy's and Starbuck's, you should have a nice little flow there.
                        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Heard Fuzzy’s was going to be there, but I kind of gave up on them as that news isn’t new.

The indoor/outdoor garage vibe of Braeburn Square, plus a location on a college campus, would fit perfectly with an Old Chicago or one of the local breweries. Maybe CSB is ready to broaden horizons. Those guys are WSU alums.

Comment

Working...
                          X