This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    I guess her parents recently did use a racial slur when referring to the former SGA president and she has yet to publicly respond. That is obviously the main reason for the backlash, and I have to admit, it's understandable.
    Is there any evidence that it did actually happen? If it did that's horrible and there should be an apology, but it seems like there's a good chance it's outgoing SGA cooking up hysteria now they can't hold the university and students hostage to their agenda as easily now, so they're going scratching and clawing. I admit I'm always a bit skeptical, but these outgoing SGA people SJW students will push a hoax in order to convince the world every Wichitan is closet klansman. It's crazy, they're trying to get Paige's parents fired online.

Comment

• I hope this doesn't get uglier than it already is.......
      The Assman

Comment

• Paige's mom is an assistant vice principal in USD 259?

I'll believe she said what she's accused of having said when monkey's fly out of my ass.

If she said it she should publicly apologize and figure out how to make it right, best as she can. But I do not believe she said that. Not one bit. That liberals have lied, lied and lied again, across this country, in these exact settings, time and time and time and time and time again, doesn't help their cause.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          A personal positive that may come from this, is that I may actually delete my social media accounts; or at the very least take them off my phone.

Regardless of what happened with this situation, social media has become a toxic waste dump on every side of every line. Social media has great potential and there are many benefits, but it's warts are starting to wear on me.

I hope, for everyone's sake, that this is all a big misunderstanding. I would hate to see anyone's life changed or ruined because of all of this.
          I maintain a Facebook for the event invites. You can unfollow everyone on your list and make it impossible to be tagged in photos and posts and effectively shut down your wall and feed from anything but what you post. You will still be on Billy's Cinco de Mayo party list though. I highly recommend it. I did it in the runup to the last election and haven't looked back. It takes an hour or so. You will not regret it.

FWIW, I am inclined to believe all sides of the story. Our sense of decorum and community is completely shot in the name of this new tribalism.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            WSU police are investigating the incident and soliciting eye witness accounts. I fear this is going to mostly play out very publicly on social media and the actual facts aren't going to matter if they contradict the narrative.
            In lieu of the Keystone Kops, they will do.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• The outgoing SGA Prez has whined enough times that I don't really care what he has to say at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
                The SGA statements today made it seem like she did say that. The president of sga even said I will not incriminate my family. I'm sure both parties are guilty of egging this whole situation on.
                There is an ongoing investigation, so innocent or not I doesn't make sense to speak publicly to a largely volatile crowd.
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  The outgoing SGA Prez has whined enough times that I don't really care what he has to say at this point.
                  Exactly how I feel.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    The outgoing SGA Prez has whined enough times that I don't really care what he has to say at this point.
                    Classic case of crying wolf.

Shepard is a hemorrhoid upon the University and this community as a whole. If he did a perfect swan dive into the mouth of a log chipper I would certainly score him a 10.0/10.0.

I would assume this is all working out perfectly to plan for Shepard: 1.) Incite and provoke an altercation with an opponent, 2.) escalate said altercation to the point that things get frisky, 3.) make sure several of your crew just so happen to accidentally be in the area, 4.) place highly-inflammatory words into the mouth of your adversary from a revisionary standpoint, 5.) have your crew adopt this same story, 6.) PROFIT.
                    Last edited by SHOCKvalue; May 6, 2017, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      Shepard is a hemorrhoid upon the University and this community as a whole. If he did a perfect swan dive into the mouth of a log chipper I would certainly score him a 10.0/10.0.
                      LMAO!

Well at the very least, we can take solace in the fact that it's the weekend and he's probably taking a break from trying to screw our university, students, faculty, president etc. in order to have a fun filled weekend of partying and being oppressed.

Comment

• Anything happen with this today or will we have to wait until Monday?

Comment

• This is turning into a nightmare. Looks like the former SGA president is pressing chargers. Has the NAACP on his side.

I've read and watch the videos on the sunflower. What a joke in my opinion. Seems like he is out to ruin the university and several people's lives.

All in the name of #blacklivesmatter.

Student Body President Paige Hungate’s parents — who work at local high schools — are under criminal investigation for battery and anti-black, hate “fighting words” following an altercation at a student government banquet, according to police reports and multiple sources that attended the event. Rhatigan Student Center facilities workers contacted university police to report “an...

Joseph Shepard, former Wichita State Student Body President, will press charges against the parents of Student Body President Paige Hungate for an incident that occurred following a farewell speech Shepard delivered at the end-of-the-year Student Government banquet. Hungate’s parents, who each work at local high schools, are under criminal investigation for battery and anti-black, hate...

I don't condone using any racial slurs but this issue is two sided for sure.

Comment

• What a nightmare
                            The Assman

Comment

• Saying "allegedly" when you were the victim and accuser of the "alleged" actions sounds a bit awkward.

Comment

• I would really like to know of any individuals who are not a part of Shepard's supporters and witnessed the incident. I haven't seen any come forward publicly. He has created political capital purely by claiming a victim status in any situation, and has reportedly treated the current SGA President like crap.

This dude wouldn't last a minute in the corporate world because he isn't capable of creating actual value. He only knows how to cry wolf and play victim.

Comment

Working...
                                X