Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumbled across this article on the 10 year master plan if anyone wants a quick refresher.

MSN - Board of Regents approves Wichita State's 10-Year Master Plan

The board’s approval means over the next decade, plans can move forward with demolishing 10 older campus buildings, including the Heskett Center and Hubbard Hall. The master plan also includes constructing more than a dozen buildings.

WSU plans to split its campus into five districts: An academic core, the Innovation Campus, a “gateway” between campus and 17th Street, a historic district, and an athletic district.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker_torero View Post
      I’m out of state, but enjoy seeing progress. Sometimes sources are difficult to come by. Did you drive by and see change, or is there a source you can point me to?

thank you!

I drive by about once a week just to amaze myself at how grown up our university seems. If only half of the 10 year plan gets done it will be transformative

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker_torero View Post
        I’m out of state, but enjoy seeing progress. Sometimes sources are difficult to come by. Did you drive by and see change, or is there a source you can point me to?

thank you!

I am out here every day so I am happy to post pictures of different improvements and construction.

Speaking of which, the Pentagon was built in two years. We are already on Year Three of the remodel of Clinton Hall with no end in sight. El Chapo was faster digging a tunnel with a spoon.

Comment

• A newly approved master plan for Wichita State University will see the 128-year-old campus undergo major changes. While tentative and likely to change, dozens of buildings are currently expected to undergo renovations or consolidations, with several buildings slated to be demolished or built.  The Kansas Board of Regents requires the universities it governs to present...

Interesting about the Athletic District and Fairmount Park.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            https://thesunflower.com/85010/news/...ngs-on-campus/

Interesting about the Athletic District and Fairmount Park.
            Indoor track facility where the Child Development Center currently is?

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I am out here every day so I am happy to post pictures of different improvements and construction.

Speaking of which, the Pentagon was built in two years. We are already on Year Three of the remodel of Clinton Hall with no end in sight. El Chapo was faster digging a tunnel with a spoon.
              Is Clinton the one that had an underground tunnel flood?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Indoor track facility where the Child Development Center currently is?
                Not sure where they will build but with Heskett Center on the demolition list that would need to happen. I was recently at Washburn in Topeka for a football camp my grandson was attending and it was held in the Washburn Indoor Athletic Facility which was constructed in 2020. Half of the building is used primarily as the Washburn football indoor facility but that could be used for other things. The other half is the Washburn indoor track facility and it is very nice. The only banked indoor track facility in NCAA Division II. It puts the Shocks Heskett Center indoor track facility to shame.

Compare this the the Shockers' Heskett Center Facility: https://goshockers.com/sports/2015/6...tt_Center.aspx

The Shocks competed in 2 meets in the Washburn facility this past year. Being able to compete on a banked track is very desirable since the AAC Indoor Championships and NCAA Indoor
                Championships are held on banked tracks.

On the other hand Washburn's outdoor track facilities are wanting as they only have a 4 lane track around their football field. So while Washburn hosted 12 indoor meets this past year they hosted on outdoor meets. Just can't do it with a 4-lane track.

To tell you the truth I find Coach Rainbolt's performance outstanding especially when you consider that miserable state of our track facilities. Thank goodness we finally moved the track teams out of the bowels of Cessna Stadium to the new Student Athlete Success Center in 2020. Now if we can get the University Stadium project completed and a new banked indoor track facility perhaps Coach Rainbolt can up his game even more.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Is Clinton the one that had an underground tunnel flood?
                    Not sure. I can ask.

Comment

Not sure. I can ask.
                      Not sure if that's the one, but that event might have caused a big delay in construction potentially, if so.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                      X