New Chiefs QB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
    Its being reported that KC is looking to trade down their 1st rd pick. Just based on that rumor alone its pretty much a given that Alex Smith is coming to KC. In the short term.....fine whatever. Im not going to comment on the draft class because every year we hear the same thing (draft class is stacked draft class is weak) and it usually turns out to be the complete opposite.

All signs point to it being weak but Leinhart/Young/Cutler was supposed to be super stacked and how did that pan out?
    Exactly. They can still draft a QB that could end up being the future. There's no Manning type in this draft that's a no brainer, but there are some good QBs. Do the research and find the one that could be the guy in a couple of years!
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I would be surprised if we didn't draft a QB, but probably not at #1. Since there is a decent sized pool of QB's that people think could be really good, but none that are can't miss, the Chiefs will be looking for a Russell Wilson like situation with a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

This is what I see happening: Chiefs trade for either Alex Smith or Nick Foles, most likely Smith because he'll be cheaper. Then they draft the best player at #1, which isn't a QB. I honestly don't even see them drafting a QB until the 3rd round as the 2nd round will probably be set aside for a WR.

However, I think trading for Alex Smith is an awful idea. His career stats are almost identical to Matt Cassel's. Alex Smith is a product of the Harbaugh system and that's it. If the Chiefs trade for him they'll HAVE to draft a QB at some point in 2013.

Comment

Might be able to get a deal on tebow :)

Comment

Andy Reid has a pretty good idea about what a legitimate quarterback should be. If Smith looks like a winner that he can work with and mold then I see him taking him and drafting someone later in the draft. The kid from ATM looks good for a first round pick if they can't deal down.

Comment

Whatever QB we get, the offensive line better improve a lot or he won't be lasting long.

Comment

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                This is what I see happening: Chiefs trade for either Alex Smith or Nick Foles, most likely Smith because he'll be cheaper. Then they draft the best player at #1, which isn't a QB. I honestly don't even see them drafting a QB until the 3rd round as the 2nd round will probably be set aside for a WR.

However, I think trading for Alex Smith is an awful idea. His career stats are almost identical to Matt Cassel's. Alex Smith is a product of the Harbaugh system and that's it. If the Chiefs trade for him they'll HAVE to draft a QB at some point in 2013.
                I read the Reid inquired already about trading for Foles and PH told they were not interested in discussing it. I'm also afraid that Smith success is the system. He has a lot of negatives - lack of mobility and gets sacked, no arm and if he goes deep then safeties will go duck hunting and these ducks sound like "Cassell, Cassell, Casell...."

Comment

Reading ArrowheadPride.com has convinced me they should take Geno #1. I don't like Joekel at all, if that means letting Albert walk and basically only filling a hole with the #1 pick, not improving. And there were some good analysis on there about how Miami passed on Matt Ryan for Jake Long because Ryan wasn't considered a sure-fire top 10 QB by most "experts" and look where that got them? And how even when Oakland wiffed on Jamarcus Russell they still won more games since than Cleveland with Joe thomas & Detroit with Megatron. QB is so vital that I really think if Geno is their guy, they need to take him #1 despite what anyone says. If he's not, if they like someone else more (and I trust the new regime in this) I hope they make sure they get them with the 2nd pick, even trade back into the 1st if necessary. Personally I don't want them to trade for anyone, I think the fanbase is ready to deal with rookie mistakes and growing pains if it means not seeing Cassell or Quinn out there, so let whoever they pick play and find a FA backup somewhere.

I certainly hope they don't give up their 3rd round pick for Smith, that's way too high (almost a 2nd) for someone likely to be released, and questionable talent. And if they don't go QB at #1 I still hope its not Joekel, I'd go Milliner, at least that fills a definite need at CB, and plan on him to start from day 1. Best case scenario trade down a few spots, and with the first 2 picks get a QB and either CB or WR, sign Albert & franchise Bowe if he's not realistic about a long term contract.

Comment

Oh and I also think we got spoiled last year with two "can't miss" QB prospects, drafts prior (and even after those two last year) to that you saw guys with much lower stats than Geno going top 10. Would you rather have Geno Smith than Tannehill or Gaebbert?

Comment

Chiefs get Alex Smith for 2nd round pick this year and conditional pick in 2014

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
                        Chiefs get Alex Smith for 2nd round pick this year and conditional pick in 2014
                        if true [sigh] - that is basically a first round pick [late]

Comment

That part I said about having faith in the new regime-forget it! Waaaaaay overpaid by giving up what's essentially a first round pick and then some. Too many needs on this team they could have addressed there. I'm glad I'll be on vacation during the draft so I don't have to witness them taking Joekel and having a total breakdown.

Comment

Too much
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Schefter saying Cassel to AZ

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
                                Schefter saying Cassel to AZ
                                I hope for a 2nd round draft pick, that seems to be the going rate for retread QB's about to be released! :)

Comment

Working...
                                X