Prepare yourselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    Gorgeous. I actually saw two events last night, maybe The Mad Hatter was right and that was one of them? They were maybe abput 30-45 minutes apart. Can someone with a Twitter account ask her what time the photo was taken and how long the event lasted?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Gorgeous. I actually saw two events last night, maybe The Mad Hatter was right and that was one of them? They were maybe abput 30-45 minutes apart. Can someone with a Twitter account ask her what time the photo was taken and how long the event lasted?
      It got its name from NASA's Neowise infrared space telescope that spotted it in March.

Comment

Nope that wasn't either of the events I saw.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Did anybody else see or hear about a big fireball falling out of the sky tonight? I saw it at 10:47pm tonight and it jaw dropping.
            I saw it. Was at a friends in the country between Augusta and El Dorado. It was falling West to East and lasted a long time. Well, long enough for my brother to say "Look a shooting star, and for me to look and see the shooting star and continue to watch it as it fell for several more seconds. I'm no expert, but I'm guessing it was a piece of space junk because it lasted so long. It was very cool to see. It also looked like it was breaking up, which I guess a rock could also break up, who knows. It was awesome.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Comment

Great .. now an alien invasion ...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

I saw it. Was at a friends in the country between Augusta and El Dorado. It was falling West to East and lasted a long time. Well, long enough for my brother to say "Look a shooting star, and for me to look and see the shooting star and continue to watch it as it fell for several more seconds. I'm no expert, but I'm guessing it was a piece of space junk because it lasted so long. It was very cool to see. It also looked like it was breaking up, which I guess a rock could also break up, who knows. It was awesome.
                  Thank God it wasn't the beer!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

If you were in El Dorado, did it appear to land east of you? From my perspective in Goddard, El Dorado looked like the bullseye -- but distances with this stuff are impossible for me to judge. It could have been Missouri or Century II for all I can tell.

Comment

Thank God it wasn't the beer!
                      Well, just cause I saw it doesn't mean it wasn't the beer!
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Great .. now an alien invasion ...
                        Nope, just a "Boeing Bomb"...

Comment

If you were in El Dorado, did it appear to land east of you? From my perspective in Goddard, El Dorado looked like the bullseye -- but distances with this stuff are impossible for me to judge. It could have been Missouri or Century II for all I can tell.
                          Yeah, it was still well East of us, but when I first started seeing it, I would say it was probably at about 75 degrees off the East horizon and stopped faded out at maybe 30 degrees off the horizon. (if that's how you calculate that stuff)

Comment

International Meteor Organization

Comment

https://fireball.imo.net/members/imo...vent/2020/3520

Comment

Working...
                              X