Prepare yourselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepare yourselves

A meteor broke apart in midair today and hit parts of Russia injuring 500. This is just a fragment of the asteroid passing dangerously close to the earth today. The government, to eliminate anarchy and panic, isn't telling what could really happen. Go to Sam's and pick up water, canned goods, and medicine and prepare yourselves for the zombie apocalypse.

Run for your lives! :eek:

Comment

Here's is link from Today Show. They said 1000 injured.

Watch the latest TODAY video with anchors Hoda Kotb, Savannah Guthrie, Jenna Bush Hager, Al Roker and more. Find videos for pop culture, concert series and more.

Oh, and it was estimated to weigh 10 tons.

Comment

Here's a slide show. The third picture shows a collapsed building caused by the shockwave.

Comment

Did anybody else see or hear about a big fireball falling out of the sky tonight? I saw it at 10:47pm tonight and it jaw dropping.
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Did anybody else see or hear about a big fireball falling out of the sky tonight? I saw it at 10:47pm tonight and it jaw dropping.
            Was it the Neowise comet? Lots of great photos of it over the past week or so that it has been visible various places.

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Maybe it was this.

Comment

It looked like '79's video only it was falling vertically to the ground. From my perspective in Goddard it would have fallen in north-eastern Sedgwick or Butler County, but it's hard to gauge depth. It was incredible.

Comment

It looked like '79's video only it was falling vertically to the ground. From my perspective in Goddard it would have fallen in north-eastern Sedgwick or Butler County, but it's hard to gauge depth. It was incredible.
                  I checked the NASA fireball network and and didn’t see anything reported.

Comment

Pretty cool looking.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

https://fireballs.ndc.nasa.gov
                      Dang, it was pretty incredible. If this is a regular occurrence due to the annual July meteor shower event (can't remember the name), I might take the time to set up a camera. I really don't know anything about space crap falling to the ground so I don't know if I saw something super rare, or fairly common. But this was no "shooting star" (which are cool) -- it was straight up a burning fireball that flashed super bright as it neared the horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                        Pretty cool looking.

It was like that, except much closer and brighter and you could clearly see the flames on the trail.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

https://fireballs.ndc.nasa.gov
                          Surely someone has an east by north-east facing camera around that time? It'd be worth taking a look, I promise.

Comment

It was like that, except much closer and brighter and you could clearly see the flames on the trail.
                            I’m reminded of a scene from Joe Dirt (can’t seem to post video from my phone)...

“No, afraid not. That just a big ol' frozen chunk of poopy.”
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X