Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shock View Post
    I assume Flacco is a lock to go to Arizona? :D
    Is there anything that is a lock these days? Money changes everything.

Comment

Albert tagged, bowe signed, colquitt signed. Smith coming in. This is best case scenario so far.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Kc just completed a renegotiation of Tyson Jackson contract.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          Kc just completed a renegotiation of Tyson Jackson contract.
          Does it include him being elsewhere?
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            No, it restructures his deal. The thing with Jackson is not that he is a bad player, because he is not. He's solid. He just was not worth his big contract for being a high draft pick.

Apparently the restructured deal moves his salary from over $14 million to $5.2 million. That is a great deal for the Chiefs because it keeps a solid d-lineman on the roster, but at the appropriate cost point for what he contributes. Plus in eases the salary cap in a major way.

Tyson Jackson will remain with the Kansas City Chiefs after the defensive end agreed to restructure his contract.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              Jackson is solid guy. So it is a good thing they were able to rework his contract. If they had to get rid of him due to salary cap issues, it would be just another hole they had to fill, and they probably wouldn't get any better of a guy, at least in the short term. Now they are free to use their money they just freed up elsewhere - hopefully signing FA WR.

Comment

Chiefs top 5 needs IMO
                1. CB 2
                2. WR 2
                3. ILB
                4. DE
                5. SS
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                  Chiefs top 5 needs IMO
                  1. CB 2
                  2. WR 2
                  3. ILB
                  4. DE
                  5. SS
                  CB- probably gets the first round pick. Dee Millinger is getting lots of attention. Also Revis rumors still moving.
                  WR- still could pick up a big free agent, and 4-6 rd draft pick. Jon Baldwin will be under enormous scrutiny
                  ILB- Ellerbhe (sp) is the favorite here. i think it gets done, however, i could see a first rd pick if #1 is traded
                  DE- need to replace dorsey more than likely. Canty has yet to make up his mind. Jones from packers is also interesting.
                  SS- Kendrick Lewis is too injury prone, but still very good imo. i would like to see a 4-5 pick here, if any. Hartman will develop into a serviceable S. He might have flaws, but he's not to Sabby.
                  I would add QB. They still need a good back up. look for the third rd pick here.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                    CB- probably gets the first round pick. Dee Millinger is getting lots of attention. Also Revis rumors still moving.
                    WR- still could pick up a big free agent, and 4-6 rd draft pick. Jon Baldwin will be under enormous scrutiny
                    ILB- Ellerbhe (sp) is the favorite here. i think it gets done, however, i could see a first rd pick if #1 is traded
                    DE- need to replace dorsey more than likely. Canty has yet to make up his mind. Jones from packers is also interesting.
                    SS- Kendrick Lewis is too injury prone, but still very good imo. i would like to see a 4-5 pick here, if any. Hartman will develop into a serviceable S. He might have flaws, but he's not to Sabby.
                    I would add QB. They still need a good back up. look for the third rd pick here.
                    actually QB would be 6 on my list, but its below those, because those holes are for starters

Comment

for SS, I would love if we could somehow sign Dashon Goldson and put Berry at the ball hawking FS

Comment

Keep in mind the Chiefs signed Husain Abdullah, who was a pretty solid safety for the Vikings. I'd be surprised to see Lewis starting next year.

Comment

CB is the biggest need right now.
                          I want to see them take a flier on Dunta Robinson if there is no Revis, as well as drafting a good CB. Also Quinton Jammer, D. Rodgers Cromartie, Sean Smith, Aquib Talib, Cary Williams.
                          TE is another sneak need that nobody really thinks of. Tony M is a great talent, but is injury prone.
                          RB- Jackie Battle again? We need a bruiser.

Comment

Didnt Cary Williams play his college ball at Washburn?

Comment

The Chiefs just released Winston.. which makes absolutely no sense. And there's another hole to fill.....

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                                The Chiefs just released Winston.. which makes absolutely no sense. And there's another hole to fill.....
                                The two pieces of speculation are:

1. There are rumors that he has an arm injury that isn't healing well.
                                2. With the introduction of a West Coast Offense, there are concerns about his pass blocking (which has always been much weaker than his run blocking).

That said, it is still a bit of a puzzling move, especially this early in the process. Then again, people were confused when the Texans released him as quickly as they did (even with the bigger salary he had with them). Seems a bit odd, but we shall see how it works out.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X