R.I.P. Kansas.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Kansas.com

I see the online version of kansas.com is no longer free of charge. I will certainly miss the Sullentrop updates and shocker reports. Sigh, what a downer.

You'd think they made enough money off print subscriptions plus online ads -- KC Star doing same thing

You can still kinda read the article if you scroll the text above or below the green box

Comment

I'm not seeing any changes to kansas.com. Am I missing something?
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Comment

Try this backdoor link to avoid paying: http://m.kansas.com/wichita

Comment

honestly I dont really blame them, im sure newspaper sales are hurting big time since the invention of the internet lol
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I had no problem reading the article. I do subscribe to their e-edition on my iPad mini so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Comment

Dunno, still works for me.

Comment

I subscribe to nothing and it is free to me. My dad had the same problem, he couldn't read anything for a few days. He cleared out his cookies and cache and it worked fine again.

Comment

I need to clear out my cookies, also.............

Comment

I'm sure they aren't strapped for money. I don't know how much it costs put out an Eastside Eagle every day or every other day, but if they need to save money, they could stop doing that. They've never asked for money to help pay for this service. I know I never asked for it and I doubt many of my neighbors did either. I'm guessing they put out a Westside Eagle too. I'm assuming that the Wichita Eagle does this and it is not some private company doing this since the paper does say the Eagle.

Comment

Still free for me.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

A few days ago, the pay-wall was poppling up, but now it isn't. (when I was on Kansas.com)

I never had a problem with the Eagle iPad or iPhone app, though I haven't downloaded the most recent Eagle iphone app, which looks like the real paper.

Comment

Originally posted by RHshoxfan View Post
                            I subscribe to nothing and it is free to me. My dad had the same problem, he couldn't read anything for a few days. He cleared out his cookies and cache and it worked fine again.
                            This worked for a few days and then I get the pop again. Looks like I will have to clear the cookies and cache every few days in order to avoid this pop up

Comment

Yep, I just cleared my cookies and the pop up went away.
                              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                              X