Fuel tax, electric vehicles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Another problem with EVs is that guardrails are pretty much useless against their extra 1 to 2 thousand pounds.
    Wonder when the national highway safety commission will address EV head-on collisions… the crash test dummies will have a new gig. Stay tuned.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

You and JJ are going to have to be separated at the baseball games if you're going to keep coming up with these kind of solutions.

We need problems, not solutions, to keep this government running inefficiently.
      We solve lots of the problems in the world when we go on our annual "Baseball Road trips".

Comment

OOOPS

Comment

Louisiana has added highway tax make up fees to tags. One level for hybrids, two levels for full electric.

it’s an easier pill to swallow as we don’t pay yearly taxes on the value of a vehicle. Two year tags for my SUB is $60. Hybrids now pay like $120.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

You did not mention that EV's generate more wear and tear on the roadways than ICE vehicles due ot their additional weight. But if it saves humanity from climate change I guess it's worth it. Now if we can just figure out how to save humanity from humanity we might have a fighting chance. Unfortunatley, at the rate of the mental illness pandemic is spreading that is unlikely.
            So far though, a fairly small percentage of car purchases are going to EV's. So it's difficult to forsee the future of all of these issues. I don't think that the people are moving at the pace that our government predicts.

Comment

image.png

​​
              Attached Files
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
              X