No announcement yet.

Why no love for KSU football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a number of people who are WSU fans and support KSU and/or KU. The only problem that I have with either KSU or KU is that they won't play the Shockers and the people that I know, agree with me and also are unhappy about it. When it comes to football, this problem doesn't exist because they can't play each other. However, why these things should be discussed on Shockernet is stupid and someone is just trying to stir the pot.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      I know a number of people who are WSU fans and support KSU and/or KU. The only problem that I have with either KSU or KU is that they won't play the Shockers and the people that I know, agree with me and also are unhappy about it. When it comes to football, this problem doesn't exist because they can't play each other. However, why these things should be discussed on Shockernet is stupid and someone is just trying to stir the pot.
      Surely not!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I adopted K-State's football team since we don't have one. Gotta love Bill Snyder and the amazing job he's done there. Go (football) Cats!
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
          I adopted K-State's football team since we don't have one. Gotta love Bill Snyder and the amazing job he's done there. Go (football) Cats!
          Agreed. However, it is more Bill Snyder than anything. Can't say I "adopted" them, but they are regionally local (KS) and, yes, we don't have one. My guess is that once Snyder retires for good, so will my interest in the Kitties football program.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post

Until Ku and Kstate start playing WSU regularly in other sports I won't give them the time of day. They don't show us any respect, so I don't feel any need to respect them either.

Comment

Originally posted by Wshox View Post
              If I reply fever will be here accusing me of being a KSU troll again lol. He's a great Shocker if a a bit paranoid. I have no problem with KSU football. It's a great story that Snyder has done what he has in the middle of nowhere. I get a bit tired of my KSU friends and relatives going on and on about it but since we no longer have football I'll admit I watch a little KSU football. At least it's not KU.
              @BCSCat: trying to get another chance in life under a new login.

Zzzzzzz
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Since I went to Pitt-State for most of my undergrad years I follow them more than I do K-State. It helps that they won the national championship last year in D2 the Eagle seems to cover them more now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  @BCSCat trying to get another chance in life under a new login.

Zzzzzzz
                  Bingo.

Pathetic.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If it's in off topic, as long as it doesn't violate the rules, I don't care what is posted in there.

Also, @Wshox: ip address is the same as @BCSCat:. Busted.
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                      If it's in off topic, as long as it doesn't violate the rules, I don't care what is posted in there.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Bingo.

Pathetic.

Do I get an award?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

a major award.

Comment

The Scum Detector Award
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I don't know what all the fuss is about. WSU plays KU and KSU both home and away during the baseball regular season. Why? Because WSU has done things in baseball that the instate rivals have not and until something major happens, like WSU beating KU and KSU out of the tournament happens, it won't change in basketball. The attitude in basketball is totally different. Always has been. WSU's first ever game in the Roundhouse was played against KU. The next time the 2 teams met: 1981 sweet 16. After this, a series that was thoroughly dominated by KU was started in the 80's. Until anyone can prove me wrong, this why they won't schedule WSU in basketball. They are not afraid of losing. They schedule WSU in baseball because they feel playing WSU can make them better. Until they are convinced scheduling WSU basketball will do more than just cause a bunch of trash talk, like the KU series turned into in the 80's, they won't schedule WSU in basketball. I do believe though that WSU has the right head coach to turn them into a every year competitor in basketball.

Comment

Also, @Wshox ip address is the same as @BCSCat. Busted.
                                Thanks for confirmation.

WOW. LMAO. How PATHETIC can you get? Still can't get over the obsession with WSU. He has to make up a WSU-themed name to trudge back. And the bad thing is, he wasn't even good at it. He was outed after 24 hours on the job and only a couple of posts.

BIG TIME LOL! I still can't get over the absolute hilarity and the outright patheticness!!!!
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X