Why no love for KSU football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no love for KSU football?

In the off topic forums, we talk about the KC Chiefs, but I don't recall ever seeing threads discussing KSU football. I can understand not having a KU thread for multiple reasons. But since we lack a program of our own, personally, I have adopted KSU football and my favorite college football program.

Their rags to riches turnaround is a nice story, they're from our beloved state, but more for the respect I have for Coach Snyder.

Are most WSU fans so anti KSU/KU that we'll be damned if we support KSU? Are most WSU fans simply fans of other college programs? Or do most on SN simply prefer the NFL? (NFL is number one in book by the way).

Just curious.

Most WSU fans in general support KU basketball and KSU football. Meanwhile most shockerneters refuse to support either of them. Me personally, I don't exactly sit around with a bunch of KU and KSU fans mingling about their beloved sports programs. I'm a WSU fan, through and through. If you do ever catch me watching a KU or KSU game, it's mainly because it's something to do. If I am talking about either of them, it's generally because i'm merely inserting my opinion. Although the main reason why I even watch KSU football is because Bill Snyder is a class act... While I was attending WSU, I noticed a lot of students on campus wearing both KU and WSU apparel at the same time. The key thing to remember is, if WSU played KU in basketball every year, or every so often, I highly doubt you would see a lot of students supporting their basketball team on the WSU campus.

Comment

I'm very coach-oriented in my loyalties to college thletic programs.

I hated Roy Williams, but I find Bill Self someone I take pride in representing my State.

I didn't support KSU FB in the Ron Prince era. In that time frame KSU had the worst athletic department administration since Lew Perkins was the AD at WSU.

Snyder turned KSU's program round so fast it's ridiculopus. Went from a 3-win team to a national contender in 2 years. Did it with a lot of JuCo players.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I just like the NFL much more than college football. Not sure why, considering I like college basketball much more than the NBA, although I do enjoy watching both.

Comment

I just really don't care about either KU or KSU. Until WSU gets football back, I really don't care about college football. Until the Chiefs get a QB and a GM worth a damn, I don't care too much about them either.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Really don't care about college football, not at KSU or at WSU.

Comment

I am a WSU alum not KSU- I could care less about K State- nothing personal just dont
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I don't care either way about K-State. But I don't live in Kansas either. If I did live in Kansas, I'd probably follow them some.

On the other hand, fever is disappointing me. He should be stuck on this thread like a herpes sore on a crack whore!

C'mon fever! Step up your game! This is the first time in a long time that you've let me down!
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I only root for teams of which I have some sentimental connection, not teams that have semi-mental conditions.

Comment

I grew up on OU football, yet a small part of me was cheering for KState a week ago. Bill Snyder is a coaching genius and gets the absolute most from his players. The man is incredible.

Comment

If I reply fever will be here accusing me of being a KSU troll again lol. He's a great Shocker if a a bit paranoid. I have no problem with KSU football. It's a great story that Snyder has done what he has in the middle of nowhere. I get a bit tired of my KSU friends and relatives going on and on about it but since we no longer have football I'll admit I watch a little KSU football. At least it's not KU.

Comment

My desire for watching college football seems to be falling with each and every passing season, with the way that sport is run and how a champion is determined.

I do not pay attention to Kitten State football at all. Bill Snyder is a great coach. I respect the hell out of him but that doesn't make me watch them. I do love it with the increase in purple garb around the area now that Kitten State is actually winning again. Probably one of the biggest bandwagon fan bases in the country.

Sorry, MVJ. This was on my homework list today and I was eventually going to get to it.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Wshox View Post
                          If I reply fever will be here accusing me of being a KSU troll again lol. He's a great Shocker if a a bit paranoid. I have no problem with KSU football. It's a great story that Snyder has done what he has in the middle of nowhere. I get a bit tired of my KSU friends and relatives going on and on about it but since we no longer have football I'll admit I watch a little KSU football. At least it's not KU.
                          I'm 95% certain that you have more feminine purple attire than you do black or gold attire. Your acting gig is a bad one and will eventually catch up to you.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I am a UNL football fan. If the Shockers had a football team I would root for the Shocks over UNL. I don't have any problems with KSU but I am not going to take time to root for them either. In fact I enjoyed watching the Shockers beat them the last time we played them (in Manhattan in 1985).

Comment

K State, Snyder, and Klein are great stories.

Some of their fans tend to be a little delusional about their expectations.

Lots of Wichita flavor makes me root a little for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X