KC Chiefs Week 2: vs Buffalo Bills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC Chiefs Week 2: vs Buffalo Bills

Chiefs need to win this one, to at least pretend they are contender. They will have Hali back.

Hali is important but Flowers is probably just as important especially with Brown (I think that is the backup) hurt too. That new player that started last weekend in place of Flowers at CB was taken to the cleaners. Safety is not as much of a drop off with the backup. It still may not be enough to help the defense but after they played well last year, I didn't forsee the defense being their weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      Hali is important but Flowers is probably just as important especially with Brown (I think that is the backup) hurt too. That new player that started last weekend in place of Flowers at CB was taken to the cleaners. Safety is not as much of a drop off with the backup. It still may not be enough to help the defense but after they played well last year, I didn't forsee the defense being their weakness.
      I absolutely love Jacques Reeves story but you're right, he did get abused by Julio Jones last week. It wasn't even close. Not too surprising for a guy who hadn't played an NFL game in two years and I hope he can improve over the course of the year. Of course, in most other games he's not going to have to guard players as skilled as Jones so that will help too.

I think people are underestimating how much it hurts to lose four key defensive players. Assuming everybody comes back, I think we see a defense more like the one at the end of the 2011 season.

I'm not one to wish injuries on players, but if something were to happen to Stevie Johnson, I can't say I would be really upset. But I'd be content with getting some revenge from the beatdown we took last year and just getting out of there with the W.

Comment

We lose by 14
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          We lose by 14
          How come you are always moving? First you lived in ATL and now its buffalo. Jeez
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

We lose by 14
            I think u have been following the habitual losers (royals) for to long and have lost hope in all kc franchises. Although I would agree that the KC royals pretty much will never compete for anything - Chiefs actually have the talent to pretend to be a pro organization, especially if the defense can play to it potential and keep the game close and not need cassel to win the game.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              I think u have been following the habitual losers (royals) for to long and have lost hope in all kc franchises. Although I would agree that the KC royals pretty much will never compete for anything - Chiefs actually have the talent to pretend to be a pro organization, especially if the defense can play to it potential and keep the game close and not need cassel to win the game.
              I have more confidence in the Royals turning things around and competing in the Central than I do the Chiefs doing anything in the West right now. I'm starting to think that the death of Lamar Hunt may have a similar effect to the Chiefs as the death of Ewing Kauffman had on the Royals. I hope Clark can prove me wrong eventually.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I have more confidence in the Royals turning things around and competing in the Central than I do the Chiefs doing anything in the West right now. I'm starting to think that the death of Lamar Hunt may have a similar effect to the Chiefs as the death of Ewing Kauffman had on the Royals. I hope Clark can prove me wrong eventually.
                Sorry, royals are not going to compete (not withstanding that perfect storm year). They are a glorified MLB farm team. They develop players for MLB while playing MLB competition. When those talented players are ready to produce they are stolen away because the KC royals won't/unable to pay market price.

Meanwhile, with the structure of the NFL - the Chiefs can theoretically compete (now I'm not saying they will) if they so choose to, but the talent field is level if they can make the right choices. The biggest hurdle I see is they somehow have to find a "franchise" QB.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  Sorry, royals are not going to compete (not withstanding that perfect storm year). They are a glorified MLB farm team. They develop players for MLB while playing MLB competition. When those talented players are ready to produce they are stolen away because the KC royals won't/unable to pay market price.
                  I understand what you're saying, but as other teams have shown in the past, and the Royals are modeling themselves after, you don't have to pay for top players to be able to fill out your roster to compete. They've been drafting well and building that way which takes time and they're showing progress. Pitching is currently the only thing holding them back and that could be fixed in the near future. At least the Royals are showing progress and you can see them building. And the Central isn't a power house division.

Meanwhile, with the structure of the NFL - the Chiefs can theoretically compete (now I'm not saying they will) if they so choose to, but the talent field is level if they can make the right choices. The biggest hurdle I see is they somehow have to find a "franchise" QB.
                  I get that too, but if the leadership sucks, so will the team. Look at the Royals under Baird. I have seen little from the Chiefs higher ups since the unfortunate passing of Lamar Hunt. And until I see something, I have little to no confidence that they'll do anything of note. Too many fans were encouraged by their surpising season a few years ago against an extremely weak schedule. Right now, that's thier only hope of competing.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

We are prolly the most talented team in the AFC West minus the QB
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                      We are prolly the most talented team in the AFC West minus the QB
                      We are probably one of the most talented teams in the NFL, minus the QB. Definitely top 3.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Atlanta scored everytime they had the ball in the first half and then put up 40 points and you are placing all of the blame on the QB? Last Sunday the problems were much more than that.

Comment

In short, yes. But hear me out. The QB position is the most electrifying position on the field. Good QB play wins games. Great QB play wins playoff games. But those special QBs, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Peyton, those are the QBs that can elevate a team far beyond their station.

However, having a mediocre QB puts more pressure on the D to be special, and its up to the DC to push that. Romeo has to be the HC, and he is choosing to be DC "Because its fun."

Romeo has to turn the defense over to someone else if Matt is going to play like crap.

Now KC thinks they can follow the Ravens model. We will see.

Comment

Problem with the Baltimore model is our D isn't as good as theirs was and Dilfer made fewer mistakes than Matt.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Problem with the Baltimore model is our D isn't as good as theirs was and Dilfer made fewer mistakes than Matt.
                              That is exactly the problem. KC has more weapons. But the QB is the center of the problem, make no mistake. Solid QB play can spell for a special year

Comment

Working...
                              X