No announcement yet.

New Kansas Tag Vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was try8ing to point out that your belief in a tag reader and its misuse was a probable concern of potential privacy issues. I think anyone that uses or owns a cell phone pretty much gives up any hope of keeping anything really private as we see our information being sold to any and all. I do agree that any technology can and probably will be used in ways that it was not intended and we do have the mandate to monitor how it is used.

Comment

I would vote this one.

IMG_1854.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
        Here are the five candidates. Of these, I like the two that have the wheat yellow fading up into the pale blue sky.

KansasPlateChoices.JPG
        Bottom right is the winner.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I liked the one that someone else designed. The one with the sunflower and buffalo

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
            I liked the one that someone else designed. The one with the sunflower and buffalo
            Everyone did. Apparently it wasn't completed before the design deadline or some such. It would have easily won had it been a part of the vote.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              Were you awake during covid when people were arrested in parks, on beaches, and in church? That should have shattered any idea that US law enforcement was “different”.
              That didn't happen in a vacuum - if you elect politicians who are willing to implement questionable laws, law enforcement generally will have to enforce them until the court orders otherwise. And those situations described happened in Slave States/Towns (Democratically controlled). Elections have consequences.

Now Sheriffs have some political leeway because they are elected officials - and there were examples of them choosing to not enforce laws they felt were unconstitutional.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

That didn't happen in a vacuum - if you elect politicians who are willing to implement questionable laws, law enforcement generally will have to enforce them until the court orders otherwise. And those situations described happened in Slave States/Towns (Democratically controlled). Elections have consequences.

Now Sheriffs have some political leeway because they are elected officials - and there were examples of them choosing to not enforce laws they felt were unconstitutional.
                You’re simply giving further support and context to my point - that law enforcement is wired to do whatever their superiors direct them to do. As America continues its slide towards progressive totalitarianism, law enforcement will do whatever they’re told to do by such. They’re already illustrating this point at the federal levels of law enforcement. State, county and city simply follows whomever is in control at those levels, as we saw during covid in the blue states.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

You’re simply giving further support and context to my point - that law enforcement is wired to do whatever their superiors direct them to do. As America continues its slide towards progressive totalitarianism, law enforcement will do whatever they’re told to do by such. They’re already illustrating this point at the federal levels of law enforcement. State, county and city simply follows whomever is in control at those levels, as we saw during covid in the blue states.
                  Actually, I am not. It just showing how deluded you are.

Law enforcement are responsible for enforcing the laws. That has been the way it has been for our entire country history. You may not like the laws, so elect better people. It not that hard of concept to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Actually, I am not. It just showing how deluded you are.

Law enforcement are responsible for enforcing the laws. That has been the way it has been for our entire country history. You may not like the laws, so elect better people. It not that hard of concept to understand.
                    It’s bizarre that you and I are, at a fundamental level, saying the same thing, but somehow you don’t see it.

Comment

Working...
                    X