Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kansas Tag Vote

Kansas License Plate Design (egov.com)

Kansans can vote on their favorite design as many times as they’d like between 9 a.m. CT on Monday, December 11, 2023, and 5 p.m. CT on Friday, December 15, 2023.

None really jump out and grab your attention, but it is what it is.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Here are the five candidates. Of these, I like the two that have the wheat yellow fading up into the pale blue sky.

KansasPlateChoices.JPG
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I also like the corner cut out in the upper right. Granted, you won't see that on many cars with tag frames, but it's Kansas.

I think I voted for one of those, but I don't remember which one lol. Actually, as a Sagittarius I think I voted for the one with the bow and arrow. I think that was the deciding factor.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Top middle looks like Nebraska's license plates.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
            Here are the five candidates. Of these, I like the two that have the wheat yellow fading up into the pale blue sky.

KansasPlateChoices.JPG
            Compared to the others, the 5th one is a slam dunk for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              I also like the corner cut out in the upper right. Granted, you won't see that on many cars with tag frames, but it's Kansas.

I think I voted for one of those, but I don't remember which one lol. Actually, as a Sagittarius I think I voted for the one with the bow and arrow. I think that was the deciding factor.
              Yeah, I like that one too. For me it is a matter of whether I prefer the simplicity of the one without the capitol dome, or the nice little splash it makes. I just hope one of those two ends up the winner. I could see the one with the dome graphic getting some traction.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                Top middle looks like Nebraska's license plates.
                Used to. Nebraska’s new plates are uber ugly/blah. White plate with black letters and some sort of gray background graphic.

It’s neat that the new Kansas tag is being specifically redesigned so that it can be more easily read by the various tag scanning surveillance cameras mounted to poles and cop cars. In light of such, Kansas should just look back at whatever tag design they had in 1984 and go with that.

Comment

Just get a specialty WSU tag (or other specialty tag) and be done with it.

Comment

"Oh, we need something super special so that people think that our state is neat."

I was in Texas last week. Here is what their general-issue plates look like. About as basic as you can imagine.

78-65

Comment

Again, for me, the fade from wheat yellow up into pale sky blue very much evokes "Kansas". I grew up surrounded by wheatfields, and that color scheme is the abstract look of harvest time.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                        I was in Texas last week. Here is what their general-issue plates look like. About as basic as you can imagine.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Kind of an unfair comparo to Texas. Yes, their standard plate is boring, but they allow third party vendors to create custom plates, for which the options are nearly endless.

The blabbering big government nincompoops who run Kansas (political party unfortunately doesn't seem to matter) couldn't possibly get past allowing Kansas residents that much freedom. They have an uncontrollable need to make these decisions for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Used to. Nebraska’s new plates are uber ugly/blah. White plate with black letters and some sort of gray background graphic.

It’s neat that the new Kansas tag is being specifically redesigned so that it can be more easily read by the various tag scanning surveillance cameras mounted to poles and cop cars. In light of such, Kansas should just look back at whatever tag design they had in 1984 and go with that.
                            I really don't worry so much about my car tag being easily ID'd by a reader but rather the government using the covid make believe story and the vaccine they authorize that secretly puts a tracker in my blood stream or my phone that is constantly tracked by the nsa or the cia or fbi. Now those are things that worry me.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

I really don't worry so much about my car tag being easily ID'd by a reader but rather the government using the covid make believe story and the vaccine they authorize that secretly puts a tracker in my blood stream or my phone that is constantly tracked by the nsa or the cia or fbi. Now those are things that worry me.
                              Your troll is just a little too obvious.

Never heard of flock cameras I guess though, eh? Or how they can (and will in perpetuity) be abused by law enforcement. If only there was a local story that illustrates those dangers. If this sounds like a tinfoil conspiracy to you then maybe it’s a good opportunity to inform yourself.

Law enforcement is a necessary component to a functioning society, but it has also historically been the hands and feet of totalitarian regime atrocities throughout the history of humanity. They will do whatever ridiculous task they are assigned by their government bureaucrat superiors. Were you awake during covid when people were arrested in parks, on beaches, and in church? That should have shattered any idea that US law enforcement was “different”.

Comment

Working...
                              X