No announcement yet.

Drought Update (August)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought about $800 worth of bass, channel cats and minnows this spring. Bad decision.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      I'm sure any showers will be east of turnpike. Does nothing for your goldfish.
      I don't give a damn about the pond anymore, we are in one of the worst droughts in history, I was just want some MFN rain.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneShocker View Post
        I don't give a damn about the pond anymore, we are in one of the worst droughts in history, I was just want some MFN rain.
        Well...over the last 120+ years anyway. However, last year's precipitation total of around 26" wasn't that near the top 10 driest which would have to go under 20" to reach. Even if we get 1/3 of average for the remaining months, we'll go over 21" this year. So far, the 2 year total is at 44".

Compare to 1953 of 19.11" and 1954 of 14.53" for a total of 33.64. Don't know the 1955 amount, but 1956 was 12.73". Those three years total 46.37" which we have a fair chance of beating in two years. Lowest annual precipitation, 1966 at 12.15". As late as 1988, 17.07" and 1990, 19.71".

But yes, this is one of the driest short term periods. In 2008, we had the most precipitation in the last 120+ years of 53.82".

Comment

;

Comment

I think I've gotten more rain today that i have all summer. And it's not really that much.

Comment

I left my windows down
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                I left my windows down
                You should also wash your car. That tends to make it rain, too.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                  You should also wash your car. That tends to make it rain, too.
                  I new I was forgetting something - I haven't washed my truck for 2 years now. Do you think.....

Comment

Working...
                  X