Drought Update (August)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drought Update (August)

Yet again, DOFO was right. All grass unless watered daily is yellow. All small trees are completely dead, while the bigger trees are beginning to die as I speak. This is going to be worse than the 2011 drought, like I said before. By the drought monitor update thursday, all of SC KS will fall under exceptional drought conditions, while at least 60-75% will fall under extreme. It has been approx. 40-45 days with less than .25" at mid-con.......

Gonna invest about 5 grand in a solar pump which may or may not provide a temporary solution for me on about 20% of the deal. Might be better off to just bail, no idea. Unfreakinbelievable.

Comment

well if we continue to get NO RAIN it will be a drought of monumental proportions.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        well if we continue to get NO RAIN it will be a drought of monumental proportions.
        If it continues through Oct. 31st, according to NWS, it will be the WORST drought in Kansas History.

Comment

My lawn here in emporia is still green. The closer you get to Lawrence, I guess.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
            My lawn here in emporia is still green. The closer you get to Lawrence, I guess.
            No lawns, unless watered, are dead/dormant. All trees are going dormant. There will be no "fall colors" in Kansas this year.

Comment

Im telling you, the hackberry in the back yard is green and fresh, and the plants in the ground are green. I won't say its grass because that might be stretching it a bit. It hasn't been watered at all.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Oh, and I had to cut out some small trees today as well. Their growth was disturbing the rest of the backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                  Oh, and I had to cut out some small trees today as well. Their growth was disturbing the rest of the backyard.
                  Going to be in exceptional drought tommorow

Comment

Comment

"Cold" front providing relief from high temps, but little rain....

Comment

I love an ice cold beer on a hot, hot dry day. Shock-Top Lemon Shandy anyone?

Comment

Sweet ice tea

Comment

Wow. Sounds fun.

It's been mid to upper sixties here for most of the past few weeks. We did crack into the seventies a few times under the midday sun.

Tons of rain, though.
                            I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "**** it, cut em up!" - MH

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X