No announcement yet.

XXX Summer Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked David Rudisha's 800m record breaking run.

David Rudisha: Track & Field's Most Dominant Athlete

Comment

And how about the US women breaking a 27 years old record in the 4x100m, formerly held by the now defunct East Germany.

Comment

Not just breaking, but shattering the record. Awesome indeed.

Comment

4 X 100 men's record falls as well, but to the Jamaicans this time. The Americans equal the world record (going into the race that is) and get the silver. Seemingly a big accomplishment considering they've drop the stick many times recently.

Comment

And by the way, if there's a better color commentator than Oto Bolden, I'd like to hear him. I'd tune in just to listen to him comment on the race.

Comment

This has been a truly exciting Olympics with numerous tremendous performances from athletes from many different countries achieving and surpassing feats that may or may not ever be broken for some time to come. Our American athletes expecially did our country proud whether they won a gold, silver, bronze or finished out of the medals.

During every American team or individual event I watched, the special thing about our men and women was the support and encouragement they gave to each other whether it be swimming, gymnastics, track & field, or whatever. And it was clearly evident that this was not always the case by other nations.

In addition, it may very well have been drilled into them by their coaches and or the American Olympic Committee, but every gold medal event I saw where the American National Anthem was was played, every single American placed his or her hand over their heart and for the most part mouthed the words to the anthem.

I can only add, it is a wonderful thing our president did not win one as he would have only once again embarrassed this country.

Comment

Funny email I just got ...

Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators during the Summer Olympics that they wish they could take back:

1. Weightlifting commentator: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing."

2. Dressage commentator: "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."

4. Boxing Analyst: "Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them serious."

5. Softball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."

6. Basketball analyst: "He dribbles alot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces."

7. At the rowing medal ceremony: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew."

8. Soccer commentator: "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."

9. Tennis commentator: "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them...Oh my god, what have I just said."
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                  This has been a truly exciting Olympics with numerous tremendous performances from athletes from many different countries achieving and surpassing feats that may or may not ever be broken for some time to come. Our American athletes expecially did our country proud whether they won a gold, silver, bronze or finished out of the medals.

During every American team or individual event I watched, the special thing about our men and women was the support and encouragement they gave to each other whether it be swimming, gymnastics, track & field, or whatever. And it was clearly evident that this was not always the case by other nations.

In addition, it may very well have been drilled into them by their coaches and or the American Olympic Committee, but every gold medal event I saw where the American National Anthem was was played, every single American placed his or her hand over their heart and for the most part mouthed the words to the anthem.

I can only add, it is a wonderful thing our president did not win one as he would have only once again embarrassed this country.
                  You need to keep politics out of the Olympics. You were doing good until then.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Funny email I just got ...

Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators during the Summer Olympics that they wish they could take back:

1. Weightlifting commentator: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing."

2. Dressage commentator: "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."

4. Boxing Analyst: "Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them serious."

5. Softball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."

6. Basketball analyst: "He dribbles alot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces."

7. At the rowing medal ceremony: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew."

8. Soccer commentator: "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."

9. Tennis commentator: "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them...Oh my god, what have I just said."
                    softball wasn't in the olympics this year.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                      softball wasn't in the olympics this year.
                      That's an old email. I remember seeing it probably a decade ago. Or something similar at least. Still some good lines in there.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                        You need to keep politics out of the Olympics. You were doing good until then.
                        Well, 79, of course at times patriotism and politics often get very closely intertwined. And, unquestioningly, the showing of athleticism, sportsmanship, and patriotism for one’s country and for the countries of all participants are all significant parts of the Olympic games.

My whole theme herein was about patriotism, even the very last line concerning the president.

An often used example of patriotism (google for one) is:

You may not agree with him politically, but no one can question his patriotism.

I did not question here, anyone’s politics. I only stated a fact about his patriotism concerning our flag.

Now if I had intended to bring politics into it, I might have stated, “How can any American citizen vote for a man to be the President of the United States who does not honor the flag of the United States of America?”

But, I did not. But please tell me when, since 1936, that politics have not been a part of the Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                          Well, 79, of course at times patriotism and politics often get very closely intertwined. And, unquestioningly, the showing of athleticism, sportsmanship, and patriotism for one’s country and for the countries of all participants are all significant parts of the Olympic games.

My whole theme herein was about patriotism, even the very last line concerning the president.

An often used example of patriotism (google for one) is:

You may not agree with him politically, but no one can question his patriotism.

I did not question here, anyone’s politics. I only stated a fact about his patriotism concerning our flag.

Now if I had intended to bring politics into it, I might have stated, “How can any American citizen vote for a man to be the President of the United States who does not honor the flag of the United States of America?”

But, I did not. But please tell me when, since 1936, that politics have not been a part of the Olympics.
                          Yes it does seem to happen every year. I didn't hear as much about it this year. Maybe I wasn't paying attention. About the worst I heard was what athletes from some countries were doing, which ended up getting them kicked out of the Olympics. I wouldn't call that politics though.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                            Yes it does seem to happen every year. I didn't hear as much about it this year. Maybe I wasn't paying attention. About the worst I heard was what athletes from some countries were doing, which ended up getting them kicked out of the Olympics. I wouldn't call that politics though.
                            In the case of the chick from Greece, you should "call that politics". She supported a right-wing group, and was all but kicked out by the left-wing party. It was purportedly for saying something racist. If her joke was racist then Mel Brooks should be in prison.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                            X