Justifiable or Excessive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excessive. A little.

I have a fair bit of familiarity with victims of abuse. Nothing that father did will remedy the psychological effects that girl is likely to have for the rest of her life, assuming it doesn't get almost fully repressed due to her young age. If the father goes to trial and gets prison time, that little girl is going to be further robbed of precious time with her dad, putting her at even greater risk for long-term psychological problems.

Furthermore, that guy did get let off the hook. From what I understand, child molestors are not treated well in prison. And there's a good chance he would never be let out, regardless of sentence (depending on Texas law). A good friend of mine was a psycho-therapist of sexual offenders in the prison system. According to him guys like this perp/perv (sexual/child predators) cannot be rehabilitated. They have an incurable sickness and their best hope is to learn to manage it. But they'll never heal.

That said, I'd support the father beating him within an inch, nay millimeter of his life, then handed over to the judicial system.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

That said, I'd support the father beating him within an inch, nay millimeter of his life, then handed over to the judicial system.
      Dead men don't talk

Comment

Working...
      X