Justifiable or Excessive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justifiable or Excessive?

Grand jury to get case of Texas dad who beat alleged child molester to death
    James Harrington, director of the Texas Civil Rights Project, an Austin-based nonprofit group, questioned the father’s decision to “summarily execute” the alleged molester without due process.

“Assuming it’s true that this guy was molesting the daughter, and we don’t know what exactly happened at this point, he would then have the right to defend [her], and hit him enough to have him stop,” Harrington told FoxNews.com. “But you cannot summarily execute him, even though I can understand the anger he would have.”

Without specific knowledge of the case, Harrington said he was “surprised” that the girl’s father had not been already charged.

Harrington continued: “The question is: When does it move beyond self-defense?”
    Personally, if I caught someone doing that to any child, I don't know if I wouldn't do the same. And this was his daughter. If what he says is true, then I'd call it completely justified.

Luckily for this dad, it happened in Texas where a Grand Jury is likely to find no fault in his actions. If it happened in a state like Colorado, California or New York, he'd probably be looking at multiple years away from his family. Not that he'd regret his actions anyway.
    Last edited by SubGod22; June 12, 2012, 02:50 PM.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

JUSTIFIED

Comment

I am not uncomfortable calling this man a hero.

Comment

How old is the daughter?

What exactly did he catch the man doing?

Does the daughter corroborate the father's story?

Is there a history of ill will between the father and the man he killed?

I'm no fan of vigilante justice, but if the father caught the man's hand down his daughter's pants (or worse) and there was NO chance the girl was complicit in the actions (hey, there are some really sick young people out there), then I'm ok with him getting finished old-school style. Of course, we can never know all of this without a trial...

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          How old is the daughter?
          Four

What exactly did he catch the man doing?
          Don't exactly know.

Does the daughter corroborate the father's story?
          She's four so hard to say how she'd process it. But no word on that yet.

Is there a history of ill will between the father and the man he killed?
          All they say is the man occasionally worked with the fathers horses.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            Four

Don't exactly know.
            Sexually assaulted.

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            She's four so hard to say how she'd process it. But no word on that yet.
            The father took the girl to the hospital where she stayed during the weekend and has confirmed the sexual assault.

The father is 23. Called the sheriff himself when it was over.

Sounds like the sheriff got it right and are calling it defense of a 3rd person.

http://www.kristv.com/news/texas-father-kills-alleged-child-molester/
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Ok, 4 years of age is well within the automatic "sick zone" with no chance of complicity. If the father actually witnessed something very sick I'm fine with him going medieval on the homes with a pair of pliers and a blow torch.

T

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Sexually assaulted.

The father took the girl to the hospital where she stayed during the weekend and has confirmed the sexual assault.

Sounds like the sheriff got it right and are calling it defense of a 3rd person.

Whoa, if what was done could be confirmed by medical tests, then we are in the uber-sick zone with a 4 year old. Perhaps being beaten to death was too good. Prisoners like to toy with pedos like this for a while before they kill them. He definitely needed to get penetrated a couple dozen times before dying.

T

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Sexually assaulted.

That info makes it more obvious than what I'd previously seen.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I personally find it hard to classify ANY punishment to a sexual abuser of a child as being excessive.

Comment

If anybody says the word "excessive", they're gonna feel the WRATH.

I agree that the sicko being killed let him off the hook. Wish he could have gotten plungered a few times by a cactus before the father could have then shut him down.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This is completely justified. I don't know why with the hospital findings the dumb ass DA thinks this needs to go to a Grand Jury.

Comment

Just because a jury declares some one to be guilty or to be innocent, does not mean that the defendant did or did not commit the crime. Our system has pendulumed out of control.

Comment

I would classify myself as conservative and common sense in my thinkings as anyone but you can count me in the group that think it needs to go to a grand jury. The facts should come out and we should trust the system to work properly. If the facts support the statement, I, along with almost everyone I've heard in Texas agree that he shouldn't be charged with anything. Not enough bad things can happen to that guy. But we should let the system work, not the media.

If the facts are as we've heard, and the DA still decides to press charges, then the people of Texas can exercise their right to assist the DA in finding employment elsewhere. I suspect that even if it were to go to trial, there aren't 12 jurors this side of the Pecos that are going to even entertain a guilty verdict.

What I really hope happens is they don't press charges, it comes out the guy is an illegal and the DOJ claims they are going to take up the case to "defend" the "victim" or dead guy. I'd love to see the administration be on that side of the issue. You know, because we can't disenfranchise the illegal pedophiles in this country.

Comment

I think everyone on here that is a parent would have done the same thing. I agree that he did probably get off easy by being killed by the father. If i was in that situation, I'd orobably not even realize what I had done until my hands hurt too bad to touch anything. No way was this excessive. Hell, blowing up his dead body wouldn't have even beem excessive in my mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X