No announcement yet.

NFL 2023/2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love how if you don't absolutely support something you're automatically a 'phobe' of some sort. Pretty sure like most Christians, Harrison isn't going around harassing or even treating gay people differently in ordinary life. You can disagree with a lifestyle of any kind and at the same time not fear or hate those people. A devoutly religious man seeing homosexuality as a sin is nothing new. And calling it a sin doesn't automatically mean one hates those that fall under that category. Harrison, like pretty much any other sane Christian know that we all fall short and we all sin in different ways. If you equate sin to despising anyone who does it then Christians in general would be a very hateful bunch that don't like anyone, including themselves and those around them.

That's not the case. Hate the sin, not the sinner.

And the misogyny crap is an even greater leap. He stated that most of the women there would go on to have successful careers. He didn't tell them not to or that they shouldn't. He did state what you hear a lot in that most women find motherhood more rewarding and fullfilling than climbing the corporate ladder. So they shouldn't fall into the lies they've been told that holding off on family and throwing yourself all in on career is what women should do. You can be have a career and still be a mother. And most of them will enjoy the motherhood part more. I think most women who have done both will agree that motherhood is more rewarding. That's all he said about it.

Somehow, the keyboard warriors twisted that into him saying that women belong barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen and shouldn't be in the workforce. He never said any of that.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• "you're free to speak your mind, my friend, as long as you agree with me."
      -----John Kay (Steppenwolf)​

Comment

• There’s a lot of people basing their opinion of his speech on how they are being told to react by social media. I would venture that a vast majority of people voicing their displeasure didn’t even listen to the whole speech and are parroting what other, popular people are saying in order to feel relevant.

He said pride month was celebrating a deadly sin.
        He said there were some women in the crowd looking forward to careers, and probably even more women looking forward to starting families.
        He said being a good wife and mother is the most important thing a woman can do.
        He thanked his own wife for embracing her role as homemaker, allowing him to play a game he is good at.
        He called out the Catholic Church for caring more about selfish pride and image than actually teaching.
        He supported masculine men.
        He called out Biden for being fake.
        He supported traditional Catholic ideology.
        He decried abortion as killing innocent babies.
        He also questioned the use of birth control by Catholics.

I did not hear any misogynistic rhetoric, nor did I hear homophobic remarks. He disagreed with choices people make in their lives but he never attacked people themselves.

He was speaking to a Benedictine college. The Benedictine monks are some of the most zealous in the Catholic faith. Clearly, this wasn’t the same speech he gave at Georgia Tech. He knows his audience.

I’m looking forward to another two easy wins against the broncos.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I would love to see the number of signatories on a petition calling for the Chiefs to keep him. LMAO
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            I would love to see the number of signatories on a petition calling for the Chiefs to keep him. LMAO
            IMG_0348.jpg
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• lol

Comment

• Deshaun Watson raped 25 girls in Texas, they say. So they trade him to Cleveland where he's gets the starting job and a gazillion-dollar contract. Know what? You never heard a peep outa them leftist, libtard, feminists ! But let a Catholic boy say a few words at a Catholic college, and they show up everywhere...........

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      Deshaun Watson raped 25 girls in Texas, they say. So they trade him to Cleveland where he's gets the starting job and a gazillion-dollar contract. Know what? You never heard a peep outa them leftist, libtard, feminists ! But let a Catholic boy say a few words at a Catholic college, and they show up everywhere...........
                      Those incidents were dead and buried faster than a N Korean dissenter. Talk about hypocrisy to the tenth degree.

Comment

• "I'm not losing a great kicker to this whole woke thing. Not on my watch."

May be an image of 2 people, people playing football and text that says 'Andy Reed Says He'll Stand With Harrison Butker: "If They Get Rid of of Harrison, They Get Rid of Me" Full story in comment''

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

• Andy Reid GOLD:

I don't think he was speaking ill to women, but he has his opinions and we all respect that. I let you guys in this room and you have a lot of opinions that I don't like.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              Not a total support message.

Comment

• Total Support? What is total support? Do they need to say they agree with his views? Do they need to be dragged into the argument, and have a bullseye put on them to give him total support?

Or do they need to defend him, which imo would be to defend him as a good person, a good team mate, a good family man, a good friend? That he has a right to his views (religious, etc)?

The Media during this Free Press Conference didn’t care about Butker’s 1st Amendment Rights.

They wanted National Champions Chiefs “Gotcha” headlines and news that would lead off all of the television and local news shows. Stuff for social media viewers. It’s sad that our media is that way, but they are.

Reid and Mahomes answered the only way they could to not make it an even bigger story.

Comment

Working...
                                X