No announcement yet.

NFL 2023/2024 and Beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there is no kicking, you cannot call it football.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      If there is no kicking, you cannot call it football.
      Driveway and Parkway both say hello. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        If there is no kicking, you cannot call it football.
        Why in the heck is it called football? You don't use your foot 95% of the game, and it's not even a ball. It's a prolate spheroid. We just call it a ball out of courtesy so it doesn't have an even bigger complex than all the football fans that hate soccer for no actual reason other than whining about soccer was the cool thing to do in middle school. And also because prolate spheroid sounds like an anal condition.

Maybe it should be tackleball, fieldball, notaball, hossball, or tackleprolatespheroid, or something?
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Why in the heck is it called football? You don't use your foot 95% of the game, and it's not even a ball. It's a prolate spheroid. We just call it a ball out of courtesy so it doesn't have an even bigger complex than all the football fans that hate soccer for no actual reason other than whining about soccer was the cool thing to do in middle school. And also because prolate spheroid sounds like an anal condition.

Maybe it should be tackleball, fieldball, notaball, hossball, or tackleprolatespheroid, or something?
          It could be called Super Smash Bros, but that name is already taken.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• The Top 10 Best and Funniest Super Bowl Ads of 2024

Links to each ad is in the article.

1) Talkin' Like Walken - BMW (I thought this one was pretty well done)

2) Renner's Morning Routine - SILK (I don't remember this one. Will have to watch later. Good to see Renner healthy after his accident)

3) The DunKings - Dunkin' Donuts (Enoyed this star studded cast. Matt Damon stole the show)

4) Mountaineering with Patrick Steward - Paramount+ (Patrick Stewart is an absolute treasure. This one made me laugh)

5) Michael Cera - CeraVe Moisturizer (I get it, but didn't enjoy it)

6) Arnold's Audition - State Farm Insurance (I did enjoy this one)

7) Messi and Michelob Ultra (This one is for KungWu. It was alright)

8) Big Game Day Commercial - T-Mobile (Not near as good as the original Bradley Cooper and Mom)

9) 'Twist on it' - Oreo (I don't remember this one)

10) Perfect 10 - Kia (Sweet commercial)
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Dates back to the mid 1800's and even ancient times.

history of American football can be traced to early versions of rugby football and association football. Both games have their origin in multiple varieties of football played in the United Kingdom in the mid-19th century, in which a football is kicked at a goal or kicked over a line, which in turn were based on the varieties of English public school football games descending from medieval ball games.

Dropkicks were the method to kick the ball, in the game prior to modern changes.

The modern rules, sphere shaped ball, and passing (passing changed the shape of the ball so that it could be thrown farther), that is modern football dates to the mid 20th Century. The rules have changed many times over the years. If you've never watched film of a game from 100 years ago, you miss a treat. There was no passing, and the ball was placed wherever a tackle was made. Of course, defense ruled because the defense knew which way the ball would be run, when it was hiked only 5 yards from the sideline.

In rugby, when the ball crosses the goaline, the points are only counted, if the ball carrier touches (places) the ball down in the endzone. Thus Touchdown

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...rican_football
              Last edited by Shockm; February 13, 2024, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Not gonna lie. The Shox have jaded me on second half starts so badly that when the Chiefs came out in the second half and had that terrible first series I thought all hope was lost.

Comment

• Travis Kelce, called out by his brother, Jason Kelce, on their "New Heights" podcast for bumping coach Andy Reid and screaming in his face during Super Bowl LVIII, said his actions were "unacceptable."

Well, no ****

Comment

• Well this is a bad end to the Chief's season.

Shooting at Union Station. Seems like a fairly orderly exit. MASSIVE amounts of police, FBI and all kinds of other groups running into US.

On the heels of a warning about terrorist attacks.

Probably just a coincidence but regardless, people are hurt and 2 are detained, at least at this moment.

Comment

• I've just seen a couple of videos, but one of them was people running into Union Station. Many police, perhaps FBI, clearly some plainclothes or even undercover folks. MANY men in fatigues, could be off duty military IDK, but all kinds of people RUNNING INTO THE FIRE.

God Bless the men and women that choose to protect and defend this country and her citizens. Your sacrifice can never be repaid.

Comment

• Comment

• Mike Smith

@USWeatherExpert
                          ·
                          1m
                          One of the TV stations is reporting 1 killed and 12 injured with three arrested.

Comment

• Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Wow!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                How does the guy in a white shirt know this is a bad guy?

Comment

Working...
                                X