No announcement yet.

NFL 2023/2024 and Beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It'll be cold Sunday in Detroit, with temperatures not expected to get above the low to mid-20s. There is also likely to be snow and ice on the ground.

Where does this rank among this year's (or perhaps all-time) dumb questions by a "sports journalist"?

During a Tuesday press conference, the as-yet-unnamed reporterette asked Tampa Bay Coach Todd Bowles how he was going to get his team, which is used to playing in (mostly) sunny Florida, prepared to play in such conditions:

“Coach, looking forward towards Detroit, the weather has been a factor in some of the playoff games, even for the most prepared teams. Today, it’s 13 in Detroit, which doesn't compare to some of the temperatures [around the league]. Any special plans to acclimate the team to not only endure but perform in those kind of frigid temperatures should you face [the Lions] in Detroit?”

The problem with the question, though, is that Ford Field is a domed stadium, meaning no snow and ice on the ground. Further, it's also climate-controlled.

Bowles seemed momentarily perplexed by the question but handled it well.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 18, 2024, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• The Lions have played indoors for the last 49 seasons.

You wonder how some people get work (hint, no, you really don't). I thought Coach Bowles handled it about as well as it could have been handled. A+

Comment

• With the Chiefs win, they now play at the same time as the WSU/SMU game.

Thank you Chiefs for winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
          With the Chiefs win, they now play at the same time as the WSU/SMU game.

Thank you Chiefs for winning.
          Oh wow. I did not connect the dots on that one.

I will be at CKA (thankfully for me).
          78-65

Comment

• Another Chiefs Super Bowl?

I'm in!
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• KWCH - Wichita's Blake Bell prepares for 3rd Super Bowl with Chiefs

Blake Bell’s nine-year professional football career has included representation for five teams with the longest run currently with the franchise closest to home.

Bell is a key backup for the club in which his uncle, Mike Bell, played for 13 seasons in a career at defensive end that concluded in the early 1990s. Mike Bell started 100 games for the Chiefs. Blake, in his third consecutive season with the team and fourth overall in Kansas City, largely serves a supporting role for Travis Kelce, a future hall-of-famer considered one of the best receiving tight ends to ever play.

One thing Blake has that his uncle doesn’t is two Super Bowl championships with Kansas City. On Feb. 11 in Super Bowl LVIII, he’ll be going for his third when the Chiefs take on the San Francisco 49ers, the team that drafted the former star quarterback in 2015.

Blake made a national name for himself as an elite quarterback at Wichita’s Bishop Carroll High School. He took his talents to the University of Oklahoma where he started as a signal caller before transitioning to the tight end position, a move that’s paid off in a big way as a pro.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• 2024…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I will sleep better tonight…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Who remembers what is buried under the stadium at about the 50yd line??
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                      Who remembers what is buried under the stadium at about the 50yd line??
                      Lew Perkins' ceremonial key to Wichita State. Wait, Cessna right?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                        Who remembers what is buried under the stadium at about the 50yd line??
                        It's a Chiefs Kingdom flag.

I believe the guy that put it there got kicked off the construction crew. Totally worth it.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

It's a Chiefs Kingdom flag.

I believe the guy that put it there got kicked off the construction crew. Totally worth it.
                          IIRC, he was a KC guy that signed onto the crew. He and a buddy buried the flag and then released the picture after a couple days. He was let go with the understanding he would not discuss it.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• If you can't hoarse collar tackle a fella, what's left?

Comment

• That intentional grounding call is b.s.

Comment

• Kelce's behavior toward Coach Reid was a really bad look. Very douchey, and that's being kind. Time for him to retire.

Comment

Working...
                                X